Go Down

Topic: Design a Pulley System for an Inflator (Read 13525 times) previous topic - next topic

amjad218

I wanted to design a Pulley system that can pull the inflator automatically using a motor. Thank you

lastchancename

Mar 21, 2020, 04:56 am Last Edit: Mar 21, 2020, 04:56 am by lastchancename
Even with the drawing, that has to be one of the hardest questions I've tried to understand.

Maybe try again, and read the forum stickies - to put your drawing in-line, then people can see it more easily.

We try harder to help people that make our live easier.
Experienced responders have a nose for laziness, (they were beginners once)... Sure, there are trolls, chest-beaters, and pretenders - but the help you'll get here is about as good as it gets - if you try to help youself!.

GaryP

Mar 21, 2020, 06:05 am Last Edit: Mar 21, 2020, 06:05 am by GaryP
I wanted to design a Pulley system that can pull the inflator automatically using a motor. Thank you

What keeps you from doing it? Are you waiting for the inspiration? You are most welcome!

Cheers,
Kari
The only law for me; Ohms Law: U=R*I       P=U*I
Note to self: "Damn! Why don't you just fix it!!!"

6v6gt

It appears from the picture that the system is a cylinder (gas cylinder) a valve and a handle for operating the valve. If that is the case, then an electrical actuator may be a better choice than a pulley system.

amjad218

So let me clear things up,

I wanted to inflate a life vest using an Inflator system (like in the picture) but the inflator system is not automatic and the only way to puncture the CO2 cartridge is by manually pulling the toggle to puncture the CO2 Cartridge. I wanted to puncture the CO2 cartridge automatically by using a motor or anything else to automatically pull the inflator lever to puncture the CO2 cartridge using an Arduino. Hopefully that will help.

GaryP

And yes, you can do it. What have you tried already?
Nobody is giving you a bolt-on solution here.

You have to start something, find parts, design circuit, write a basic code
and ask for opinion and advices, show where you have problems.

You have nothing so far.

Cheers,
Kari
The only law for me; Ohms Law: U=R*I       P=U*I
Note to self: "Damn! Why don't you just fix it!!!"

6v6gt

I think you should also consider a solution similar to that of a car air bag. That is , in this case, an electrically ignited detonator breaks a seal on the CO2 cylinder releasing gas into the life jacket.
A system of pullies or an electrical actuator require a strong battery to power it all and clumsy mechanics to operate the existing lever mechanism.

Paul_KD7HB

Perhaps if you told us the purpose of your design and a description of how you think it will work we could offer some help. As it is you description does not match you picture at all.  And how does an Arduino fit the design?

Paul

Go Up