Go Down

Topic: Bande led adressable WS2812B avec un arduino  (Read 449 times) previous topic - next topic

anthirium

Good morning all

I am a new kid here
and I come to you

yes I am French and I use Google Translate

because I have the project to redo my office with an addressable led strip that goes with an arduino uno

the problem is that I do not understand and I would like to understand, how we do for the connection of addressable leds with an arduino uno and the power supply

I would like wifi or bluetooth too but already from my pc it would be not bad

so my question what it takes to have an addressable led strip that I can drive this

equipment list

5 V WS2812B LED strip 5050 RGB 150 led Ip 67 addressable in 4 see 5 meters

what food too? this one AC adapter 5V 2A?

an Arduino uno

I imagine 100uF and 1000uF capacitors how to place it and where
after this no resistance of 220 or 470 ohm the same how to place it and where

and wire level quest that I need

for wifi

or for the same bluetooth

Budget 20 to 30 euro I think it's possible

I said that I don't know much about it but who doesn't try anything

Thanks for your help

ballscrewbob

Mar 22, 2020, 06:45 am Last Edit: Mar 22, 2020, 06:46 am by ballscrewbob
Moved your topic to it's current location as it is more suitable.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

if you would like your post moved please use the "report to moderator" option
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Paul__B

Mar 22, 2020, 11:03 am Last Edit: Mar 22, 2020, 11:04 am by Paul__B
"alimentation" = "power supply"

WiFi?  Use ESP8266 module such as WeMOS D1 mini.  Forget UNOs, they are for playing with.

An Arduino for a non-WiFi project would be a Nano, or a Pro Mini if you will not need serial interface or later programming.

ESP8266 generates 3.3 V outputs which will likely not drive the WS2812 strip reliably.  You need two gates in cascade of a 74HCT14 to boost the 3.3 V data to 5 V.

anthirium

Thank you for your answer, in fact I think I will drop the wifi if we can control it from the computer it would be the best, now for the ESP8266 you also need an Arduino no, I'm not a beginner just a person who tries  to mount an addressable led strip and programmed it, because no knowledge in this apart from welding that I will be doing, that's why I ask your help and thanks to your help I would be doing it thank you for your answer

Paul__B

Mar 22, 2020, 01:14 pm Last Edit: Mar 22, 2020, 01:14 pm by Paul__B
The ESP8266 supersedes an Arduino, you use it instead.

Another problem in technical translation; in the English language, "welding" means this:

Electronics are assembled using solder in a process called "soldering" although it appears Americans call it "soddering" instead.  :smiley-lol:

anthirium

Thank you for your answer ;)

Yes i see that google translate and not at the top lol

So I need a very good esp8266

Now how do I install on my addressable led strip from 4 to 5 meters approximately

I mean connection side and all those that go with like power supply the wires used

I can also configure my led strip from my computer with the esp8266

Again thank you for your help because frankly alone impossible or meters the fire yes lol

anthirium

I have something else to say
 'Cause I don't think wifi will really serve me
 Since it's in my office
 I can use software to control my addressable led strip with a nano in this case and why I can not use a uno tell me
 Because my budget and tighten maxi 30 euro for the whole knowing that I will surely order in China thank you for your help

By cons for the previous massage for the assembly and those I need that I need to know thank you to you

Paul__B

The UNO is not very practical for actual projects as it has sockets instead of pins and does not fit a "breadboard".  In regard to that, it is true that solderless breadboards are not appropriate for permanent use (and many say they are not appropriate even for prototyping  :smiley-eek:  ) but due to the odd pin spacing, the UNO will not mount to stripboard or perfboard and similar either.

The Nano if fitted with its pins, will easily mount to stripboard or perfboard or a custom PCB as a daughterboard.  If pins are not fitted (as the clones usually come with them separate), you can solder wires directly to the pads.  And the Nano is more compact and generally cheaper.

anthirium

Sorry for the delay in the response
 You count I think I've found how I'm going to drive the addressable led strip

I'm going to take an Arduino nano to program it with an attiny 85 microcontroller

Then take a springboard and soddering the attiny 85 on it with the power supply wires and also the led strip ....

And then make a small box every meter in it so that its is presentable

I think this is the best thing to do for now
 Thereafter I will see to order the led strip from my computer but this is another story

You tell me if it's good or not good as a project

Note that I will program attiny 85 with the neo pixel library

Paul__B

I'll pass on that!

I claim no experience with the ATtiny85.  :smiley-roll-sweat:

Go Up