Go Down

Topic: Can't upload code using SAM-BA UART (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

LMagalhaes

Hi there,

I've designed a custom board using the ATSAMD21G18. I burn the Arduino Zero bootloader and then use the USB port to upload sketches with no issues whatsoever.

Now, I wanted to be able to upload sketches using the UART using the SAM-BA. According to the Arduino Zero bootloader github page, to enter the bootloader you just need to press twice on the reset and then it'll be waiting for a communication on either the USB or the UART. Using BOSSA I just get a message saying "device unsupported" and using SAM-BA v2.18 (for some reason version 3.31 doesn't have a GUI) and choosing "samd21_xplained_pro" (which is the only samd21 option) just says it can't connect. To the right, the JTAG option is selected and grayed out, which I think is the problem ...

Has anyone been able to successfully upload code via the UART to an arduino zero ?

MartinL

Mar 25, 2020, 06:12 pm Last Edit: Mar 25, 2020, 06:13 pm by MartinL
Hi LMagalhaes,

When uploading with the Arduino Zero bootloader via the UART on pins D0 and D1, the native USB port must first be disconnected from the board.

Go Up