Go Down

Topic: My rgb diodes work only on 3.3v (Read 782 times) previous topic - next topic

mnjnkj

Hi,

I'm running my 8 rgb (ws2811) diodes on Arduino but they seem to be working only on 3.3pin when I tried powering them from 5v it doesn't work.

I use FastLed library eamples.

https://botland.com.pl/en/the-rgb-leds/7294-rgb-led-ws2811-8mm-addressing-10pcs.html

I use 10uf capacitor between +- pins and arduino
I use resistor (1k ohm between the last DIN pin and Arduino pin 22)

I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

Grumpy_Mike

but they seem to be working only on 3.3pin when I tried powering them from 5v it doesn't work
It is one of those problems that is not possible if you are doing everything as you say. So we have to find out what you are missing.

What Arduino are you using?

Can you please post a clear photograph of powering it in the two ways. Make it a photograph where we can see where all the wires go.

Paul__B

I'm running my 8 rgb (ws2811) diodes on Arduino but they seem to be working only on 3.3pin when I tried powering them from 5v it doesn't work.
You have failed to mention that the "Arduino" you have not disclosed, is a 3.3 V version.  Is it perhaps an ESP8266?

PaulRB

(1k ohm between the last DIN pin and Arduino pin 22)
I'm not sure what you mean by "last DIN pin". Arduino pin 22 would lead me to guess this is a Mega, or more likely a Due.

Go Up