Go Down

Topic: Using voltmeter to test if connections on module are properly soldered (Read 219 times) previous topic - next topic

ineedsomehelp

Hi, I'm quite new to arduino and would like to know how to use the voltmeter to test if I have soldered the connections on the module properly. I often have hardware problems and this will really help me zone in on which connection is badly done and allow me to better troubleshoot the issue. Your help is much appreciated.

e.g. For an RFID reader, do I test the each of the pins to ground and what reading should I expect to see on the voltmeter ?

spycatcher2k

You would do a visual check for soldering, and then use the meter to confirm if the end of the pin has continuity to where it connects to on a component (Often you can see the trace/track between the solder pad for the pin and whatever component is connects to), and then each pin either side of the pin, assuming the pins are not connected to the same trace - e,g, GND or VCC.
Mrs Drew
-=-
UK Based PCB Manufacturing - PM for details
I will design & code for you, but I will also charge you (PM me)
Use Google or search this site BEFORE asking!

HillmanImp

Also confirm you have no continuity between pins that should not be connected, such as power and ground anywhere on your assembly.

Go Up