Go Down

Topic: LDR Photoresistor and resistance (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

But i'm learning on my way,
Given your response to my answers I would question that.

Bjerknez

Given your response to my answers I would question that.
Whatever...

wolframore

I found an standalone photoresistor that came with the Arduino Kit i bought for several mounth ago. It worked perfectly and now i regret bying a bounch of the LDR modules i have.

But i'm learning on my way, and i did not break the bank, so i will survey :)
It's ok I think we all have plenty of "extra" parts and modules that may be good somewhere one day... :)
Bad Boys Race Our Young Girls But Violet Generally Wins - Get Some Now :) - ELI ICE man

Ron_Blain

I found an standalone photoresistor that came with the Arduino Kit i bought for several mounth ago. It worked perfectly and now i regret bying a bounch of the LDR modules i have.

But i'm learning on my way, and i did not break the bank, so i will survey :)
Agree, you can never have too many parts.

Ron

Grumpy_Mike

Whatever...
The what ever means that fewer people are going to want to help you in future. ************** you

Bjerknez

The what ever means that fewer people are going to want to help you in future. ************** you
No, that means I don't care what you think of me.

I also don't have the time or the desire to discuss with you.

But i really think your nick maybe fits you well :)

Bjerknez

It's ok I think we all have plenty of "extra" parts and modules that may be good somewhere one day... :)
Yes, some day they will be usefull.... maybe :)

TomGeorge

Hi,
Did you google

ESP32 LDR

Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Smajdalf

No, that means I don't care what you think of me.
While Grumpy_Mike is often *** he is sometimes right on simple things. Such as here. You are using your module wrong. It has two outputs: you want to use the analog one marked as AO. You are using the "wrong" one (marked as DO). If you have time look at the module again, try to find a schematic and learn how it works. It is simple but useful circuit.

Bjerknez

While Grumpy_Mike is often *** he is sometimes right on simple things. Such as here. You are using your module wrong. It has two outputs: you want to use the analog one marked as AO. You are using the "wrong" one (marked as DO). If you have time look at the module again, try to find a schematic and learn how it works. It is simple but useful circuit.
No, my module has no analog pin. Image i pasted earlier is an image i found on the internet i thought was the same, but is is'nt.

So Grumpy is right, bus the sametime not.....

My fault by the way...

wolframore

While Grumpy_Mike is often *** he is sometimes right on simple
:D

I wanna know what *** means
Bad Boys Race Our Young Girls But Violet Generally Wins - Get Some Now :) - ELI ICE man

wolframore

Perhaps the pin out will help... most of the pins are analog and digital.

Bjerknez

Perhaps the pin out will help... most of the pins are analog and digital.

I have seen it.

It does not helped me. It's much easyer to use an standalone LDR with two legs. Works as a charm, and much cheaper too :)

wolframore

Bjerknes, perhaps there's a communication issue... Grumpy was pointing out that you can't use a digital pin to read analog data.  If it's working now then you have it on an analog pin.  Perhaps its a small language issue.

Bjerknez

Bjerknes, perhaps there's a communication issue... Grumpy was pointing out that you can't use a digital pin to read analog data.  If it's working now then you have it on an analog pin.  Perhaps its a small language issue.
Maybe... but i uset the same pin. I just changed the LDR sensor and the second one worket fine. I'm sure it can be fixed with the right code etc. but it's much simplier to use an sensor that works out of the box :)

Go Up