Arduino Uno USB connection to PC

1. DL'd and installed Arduino Create plugin.
  2. Brand new Uno board connected via USB micro cable.
  3. Uno "ON" LED lit green, "L" LED blinking yellow.
  4. Got error message: "Unable to connect. We could not find any board."

Reattempted four times, same outcome.

Would appreciate advice on a solution.

Thanks.

(deleted)

Micro-usb cables come in two flavours, a charge-only and a fullu-wired one. You might have a charge-only cable; when connecting to a cell-phone, is the phone recognised by the PC?

What does your Windows device manager (or the equivalents in Linux/Mac) say when you connect the board?

spycatcher2k:
Is it a genuine Arduino product?

See below :wink: So not an original as they use a standard B connector.

timdavis:
2) Brand new Uno board connected via USB micro cable.

@Spycatcher2k:

1. Did not see a driver to install. Must have missed the fine print there. Is there a link?

2. Genuine Arduino Uno, purchased from DigiKey:
    https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/arduino/A000066/1050-1024-ND/2784006

@sterretje:

1. It might be a charge only cable left over from an old camcorder. I am ordering this one from Grainger, can't really tell if it is fully wired. How to tell?
    https://www.grainger.com/product/TRIPP-LITE-6-ft-Reversible-USB-Cable-30UJ18
  2. Device manager chimes and shows device as USB serial device (com6) when I connect it.

@ballscrewbob:
Thanks for the thread move.
I will take a look at the links you provided, and at the security measures. I am working remote from home via VPN.

Verified that correct drivers are installed via device manager. Still cannot connect.

How do I determine if my board is genuine Arduino Uno?

(deleted)

Checked USB device properties-
Bits per sec: 9600
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: None

Does any of these need to change?

Leave all the comms setting at the default.
Manually changing them could cause other issues that may require a com stack reset.

There are VPN's and there are VPN's
A company VPN could have restrictions that the IT department would need to over ride.

Most off the shelf VPN's you may use for Netflix etc are normally fine.

Correction, it is a USB-B on the Arduino. Working with company IT to resolve restrictions for USB access will hopefully be the fix.

Thanks for the update.