Go Down

Topic: trouble uploading to board / avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30 (Read 900 times) previous topic - next topic

asterixa

Hi,
after some re-work on solderings I can't upload anymore (before that I could easily)

this is the error code I got.

Problem uploading to board
Binary sketch size: 1042 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

What's wrong here?
The board is set correctly.
I have tried some simple examples like the standard BLINK program, but nothing works anymore
I use all analog inputs, but these are not connected to sensors any more.
I also connected the SD board, but also this is disconnected....

Help....

madworm

after some re-work on solderings I can't upload anymore (before that I could easily)

Apparently something went wrong. Check for shorts, make a 'loop back' test (can be found on the forum via search).

If you have a 2nd arduino, try to re-burn the bootloader of this one. 'Arduino ISP' is your friend there. And if you plan to do more self-made projects, please get a real programmer and rid yourself of the bootloader trouble forever. USBtiny works fine for me.

If you don't feel like finding the error and fixing it, get a new board.

asterixa

Can you help me on the loopback (a link or so)? I find a lot about it but everyone seems to know what to do/where to find.

Coding Badly

1. Disable the processor.  The best option is to remove the processor from the board (with the power removed).  If you cannot or would prefer not to remove the processor, connect a jumper wire between RESET and GND.  This will hold the processor in reset preventing it from running.

2. Jumper TX to RX.

3. Apply power to the board.

4. Start your favourite terminal application.  Serial Monitor will work fine.

5. Ensure your terminal application is connected to the correct serial port.  The baud rate is irrelevant.

6. Type.  As you type, the characters should be echoed to the screen.

asterixa

was away for a few days, will give it a try..tomorrow...I am now fed up with the stuff
got myself a new board (ATMEGA2560) as well, but didn't have luck with that as well....
(made a new post for that :( )

Go Up