Go Down

Topic: Board Settings in *.ino file (Read 26137 times) previous topic - next topic

hneel

Hiddenvision

Yep, it seems like a good idea to most but slow to be adopted.
I still use my little exe that I made public, so not sure why people still talk about wanting something similar.!

superboppe

This is definitely a great idea. Now I included all settings in each Sketch by hand. Kind of stupid. For a computer task.
Spent a lot of time figuring out what the optimal board settings were. Esp8266's,
Nano's with old and new bootloader, Pro Minis,  Tasmota devices, etc. Multiple project switches a day.
Don't get it why this is not provided yet.

Hiddenvision

Jun 15, 2020, 11:00 pm Last Edit: Jun 15, 2020, 11:01 pm by Hiddenvision
There was a solution though not the best option perhaps it works perfect for me.

See

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=629619

icole

I'd like to for the board and port (at least the board) be saved.  I work with different projects with different boards.  As an example currently working with one project with an ESP32 and another with a MKR1500.  If I compile one and then open the other board I get compile errors.  It's not a big deal but sometimes when you've been away from using multiple projects it takes a little head scratching to realize the compiler errors are because the wrong board is being used.  I see one solution is to move to Eclipse with the plugin.  So there is a solution but there are things I like better with the IDE over Eclipse.  Maybe there is a solution to this that I've not uncovered in my searching?  It seems that something simple such as a file with named projectx.prj (or whatever) could be created in the same directory as projectx.ino  to save the configuration. 

Hiddenvision

Hey Icole,
It is such an easy thing to be fixed by the developers if desired but here we are many years later in the same situation.

It is easy enough to do manually if you want , you simply copy the preference file before you start your project.
That is what my little program does and for me this is a non issue since writing it.

I guess if I were part of the development team I would have added it to the core but we are where we are and given the uptake of a free solution (very little) I can see why the developers perhaps do not see the need to put in the effort.

all the best.

Hv.

Go Up