Go Down

Topic: Splitting AC-DC wall-adapter power supply to power arduino and stepper motor (Read 918 times) previous topic - next topic

kotnico

A stepper motor is normally characterised by rated current & coil resistance, not voltage.

In your case that's 330 mA and 32.6Ω. That'd indeed give you some 250 mA after L298N losses. Note: the L298N does NOT regulate current, at all. That's part of the problem of using it for steppers.
alright i understand now thanks :)

You always need a common ground, and you always have to connect both wires of a power supply to whatever you want to power.
i've done a quick wire diagram, i didnt put the 4 fire from the stepper going to the L293D and the four wire from the L293D going to uno for more clarity purpose.

is my diagram correct if i want to power everything with a wall-wart (a 4 pack battery on the picture because i didnt found a wall-wart picture)

kotnico

can someone please answer my question about the wire diagram please :)

wvmarle

Do post a schematic of your intended setup. Those Fritzing diagrams may make nice art to hang on the wall, that's about all it's useful for.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Go Up