Go Down

Topic: New privacy policy (Read 4586 times) previous topic - next topic

Riva

It sure seems like this site is trying to discourage me from visiting.
Having to log in twice to access the forum every visit and now random privacy pop-ups every few mouse clicks.

Is this GDPR related or Arduino's desire to harvest more data from the users here.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

sterretje

Happens to me (nearly) every time that I change to another subforum; might be coincedence. Also happened after posting a quick reply (had just agreed).

I'll try if really reading them helps.
No, I went partially through that; not sure if there is a button at the end; would be ridiculous.

If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL

More worrying than the frequent privacy statement pop-ups is the fact that website modifications can be so so poorly tested before release.
+1.

Depressing, isn't it?
Please don't PM technical questions - post them on the forum, then everyone benefits/suffers equally

RayLivingston

Anyone else having to confirm they have read the new privacy statement, every 20 minutes. ???

About 8 times today so far.
I WISH it was only 8 times!  It is EVERY GD time I refresh the page!  It is INFURIATING!!

FIX THIS!!!!

Regards,
Ray L.

sterretje

Win10, Firefox 75.0

I now cleared the cookies and cached data and it still popped up the message (after login) :(

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Paul__B

But I just ticked the "accept" box. I'll try if really reading them helps.
I cannot imagine it would.

And (not using Windoze at home in any case) I very much doubt it could in any way be OS or browser specific.

It's just what you call a "fault" (syn. "bug", "gremlin").  Or if Micro$oft, a "feature".   :smiley-lol:

UKHeliBob

It's just what you call a "fault" (syn. "bug", "gremlin").  Or if Micro$oft, a "feature".
No, it is either a change to the software that has not been tested properly or a change to the environment in which it runs which has not been tested properly

Either way it is a bl**dy nuisance

Does it happen with both Windows and Linux I wonder
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Robin2

Apr 23, 2020, 10:08 am Last Edit: Apr 23, 2020, 10:09 am by Robin2
It's not even effective at getting people to accept the new terms (are there any changes?) because the message goes away when I click outside the message box (as mentioned in Reply #1).

Kids in the first semester of Web Programming 101 would get a FAIL for this

And if there are changes to the terms, what has changed?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Paul__B

Does it happen with both Windows and Linux I wonder
That is what I was pointing out.  :smiley-roll:

ballscrewbob

Well nothing bad this morning so far so I guess it was fixed (for now)

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

sterretje

Well nothing bad this morning so far so I guess it was fixed (for now)
You mean evening :)

Paul__B

Morning/ evening ...

Does seem to have settled.

Basically, I consider the need to re-login at all, inside of a couple of months at least, a bug.

Wawa

Coders have probably worked for Micro$oft before.

"Fix it until it's broken"

No more problems here too.
Keeping my previously mentioned add block definitions in though.
Can't stand those hopping and reading area reducing green bars on the forum pages.
They should only use them on the advertising pages if they feel like they have to.
Leo..

dougp

Can't stand those hopping and reading area reducing green bars on the forum pages.
They should only use them on the advertising pages if they feel like they have to.
Leo..
+1
I don't trust atoms.  They make up everything.

No private consultations undertaken!

Riva

Not had privacy policy popups for a while but that might be because I block them now.  :)
I still need to sign in twice to access the forum every time I opened the browser so I used to keep it open all day but now I notice site signs me out after a few hours (or less) so I have this annoying double sign in more than I care for.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

Go Up