Go Down

Topic: New privacy policy (Read 4578 times) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

Not seeing anything close to that Riva.
Can leave it signed in overnight with no issues.
Chrome here.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Riva

Not seeing anything close to that Riva.
Can leave it signed in overnight with no issues.
Strange, it used to stay signed in overnight (and with PC in standby) until a couple or so days ago and now I get logged out using FF75.
I will remove the Privacy Policy block and see if things change.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

sterretje

@Riva
Maybe it helps to clear the browser cache and cookies.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Riva

@Riva
Maybe it helps to clear the browser cache and cookies.
I always browse using a private window so AFAIK all is cleared on exit.
I have removed the privacy policy block from uBlock Origin and it seems to remain logged in again. Will know better tomorrow.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

Wawa

Had another forced login after several days without problems.
Seems they are set on their way to implement this ass-covering 'feature', and break things along the way.
Leo..

Paul__B

Can't stand those hopping and reading area reducing green bars on the forum pages.
They should only use them on the advertising pages if they feel like they have to.
Now that is a real nuisance.

They serve no purpose on the forum except occasionally to find the "C" references and occasionally to locate which "tutorial" to complain about.  :smiley-lol:

Particularly bad on a small-screen "notebook" or such.  Just checked my 10" tablet and that useless bar occupies 11 mm (10%) of the screen space.  It should only ever appear at the top of the page and scroll away.  :smiley-roll-sweat:

ballscrewbob

Cmon there are a 100+ add killers out there that make the internet a much nicer place.
Almost all browsers have the ability to use those add-on's

I find it actually speeds up most of my browsing as the adverts get killed BEFORE loading up.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy..

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Wawa

I posted the four definitions to block the hopping green forum bars in post#12.
The forum would be an annoying place (for me) without them.

Just temporary disable the add blocker when you need to login or do something else.
Leo..

ballscrewbob

I dont need to disable anything for logins with my blocker.
Apart from the buggy forum software we currently have everything else just works.

Wawa

I dont need to disable anything for logins with my blocker.
Then you haven't removed the top green bar with the store/software/... tabs and the login icon.
The four AddBlockPlus definitions hide that as well, so you have more screen area for the forum.
Leo..

ballscrewbob

I find I use that particular bar more frequently as a moderator.
Besides that is squishes up anyway so it doesn't bother me as I am almost always at the bottom of a set of posts.

Paul__B

I find I use that particular bar more frequently as a moderator.
Besides that is squishes up anyway so it doesn't bother me as I am almost always at the bottom of a set of posts.
But that does not help when you are on a tablet.

Properly coded, it should be no more than a thin line and auto-hide like your taskbar.

And when I say "Properly coded", I am reminded of a widget which supposedly works with our Australian medical practice software - "Best Practice" or "Medical Director" (or "Genie"?) - called "topbar" which is coded by some cowboys and only works at all if your main Windoze taskbar is on the bottom of the screen.  Actually, it so badly fouls up that one tends to simply not re-install it after a few months of repeated failures.  :smiley-cool:

For what do you use the cyan bar as a moderator - and what would be wrong with just having it at the top of the page and scrolling off?

Paul__B

Then you haven't removed the top green bar with the store/software/... tabs and the login icon.
The four AddBlockPlus definitions hide that as well, so you have more screen area for the forum.
Leo..
Fantastic!   :smiley-cool:

I added simply "forum.arduino.cc##.arduino-nav.collapsed" and it performs the job perfectly!  The top bar appears at the top of the page and disappears as soon as you scroll down.

Something else happened though!

In the place of the nuisance cyan bar, an orange message "Loading" and horizontal rule appear when the  failure to respond to clicking "Quote" that I mentioned in #5, occurs, and clears when it eventually correctly responds to clicking "Quote".

Just fascinating, but I am really happy now!  :smiley-lol:

sterretje

Something else happened though!

In the place of the nuisance cyan bar, an orange message "Loading" and horizontal rule appear when the  failure to respond to clicking "Quote" that I mentioned in #5, occurs, and clears when it eventually correctly responds to clicking "Quote".
I've noticed that "Loading" as well since a cople of days. Not having made your change myself, it's not related to your change.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

ballscrewbob

The "LOADING" is part and parcel of the other general forum bugs.
It can last up to two clicks or maybe even need a page refresh F5 to get past it.

Go Up