Go Down

Topic: 24VAC transformer (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

dsmith888

Thanks Herb,

That suggestion was a path I didn't think of.  I can find those transformers but it is still cheaper to find a 110/220 wall wart and rip out the transformer.  I see multiple replies that the 1:2 transformer is very common but don't know why I can't find one. Seems like it should be readily available like mentioned by multiple folks and the many wall warts on ebay,google.

Ron_Blain

If you take the wall wart approach just make sure it's a heavy wall wart which uses a transformer like you want. Newer wall warts seem to be all pretty much a SMPS design.

Ron

SteveMann

Thanks Herb,

That suggestion was a path I didn't think of.  I can find those transformers but it is still cheaper to find a 110/220 wall wart and rip out the transformer.  I see multiple replies that the 1:2 transformer is very common but don't know why I can't find one. Seems like it should be readily available like mentioned by multiple folks and the many wall warts on ebay,google.
Waste of a good wall-wart.  WallWarts rated at 85-265 Volts do NOT use a transformer, they use a switcher IC like the LNK304.

As others have said, your description is quite vague, so you will get vague answers.  Please respond to the very first reply to your question.

" I have a specialty device that uses 24VAC,  I also have a custom module that spits out 12VAC."
What is the "device" and what is the "module"?  If you want good answers, provide good information.
Fritzing pictures are NOT schematics. I don't speak Fritzing.

Please do not ask for help by PM. I will not respond. If you need help, post a question on the appropriate forum.

Click on Add Karma if I helped you.

Go Up