Go Down

Topic: How a Bridge Rectifier Works - Step by Step - With Animations  (Read 212 times) previous topic - next topic

derfelectronics

Hello Everyone,

https://www.derf.com/how-a-bridge-rectifier-works-step-by-step-tutorial/

I wanted to share some educational content, I have put together on Bridge Rectifiers. This is educational content that is for beginners who are learning about electronics, or students studying - on there way to becoming future Electrical Engineers.

If you are not a beginner maybe share with someone who is!

Hope everyone enjoys it!!

pert

I've deleted your other cross-posts @derfelectronics.

Cross-posting is against the rules of the forum. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes (or more) writing a detailed answer on this topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Repeated cross-posting will result in a suspension from the forum.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum board that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum board. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the sticky "How to use this forum - please read." post you will find at the top of every forum board. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

ballscrewbob

@derfelectronics

It may be preferable for a lot of users if your tutorial was actually in here rather than on an external sales web site.

BTW nearly everything I looked at said CALL FOR PRICE.
Not very good if people cannot see what they would want to pay and compare value as most of us do in these times.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

CrossRoads

Switching regulators are the way go anymore. No more big clunky transformers and diode bridges.
For example, I just picked up 6 of these 5V, 4A supplies for use in projects. Why would I go back to wiring up transformers & stuff? I don't even put 5V regulators in a lot of projects anymore, just connect up a 5V supply instead, with a diode to prevent back-charging the USB/PC supply as my computer does not like that (reports power surge, and shuts down the port).
https://www.mpja.com/5-Volt-DC-Plug-Power-Supply-4A-Regulated/productinfo/18520+PS/

And if the power source is 12V, use a stepdown regulator, such as
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/murata-power-solutions-inc/OKI-78SR-5-1-5-W36H-C/811-2692-ND/3438675
They also have a standup version, and wow are they small! I recently put 5V and 3.3V converters on a board, will post a picture when I get a chance.
Pololu.com offers similar devices in a range of voltage and current outputs.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up