IoT Dashboard to monitor pH, Humidity and Temperature from Arduino

Hey Guys,

I am currently working on my automated hydroponics system but face an issue with an IoT dashboard to monitor the data.

I used the new Arduino serial component (Arduino connected to the device via USB OTG cable) on MIT app inventor to make it but I have a doubt.

Can I display various data with it? (Like I need the data from the ph sensor to go in one box and the data from the temperature sensor on another)

.....Johan

Hi Johan,

I am a bit confused here what you are after.
Do you want to create your own dashboard to gather data from the Arduino or you want to use the official Arduino IoT platform to gather the data? Or is it something different all together :slight_smile:

Regards
Matt

Hey Matt,

Regarding what you had asked, I would like to make my own dashboard (preferably using MIT app inventor) as it should run on an android device that will be attached/fixed onto my automated hydroponics system.

I do not want to use the official IoT platform as:

1. I do not think it will run on an android device.
  2. I am using a normal Arduino Uno and plan on using a USB OTG cable or an esp8266.

Thanking you
Best regards,

Johan

I assume you are powering your Arduino UNO separately. If you are able to send serial data via the Arduino UNO USB cable then you shouldn't have a problem reading this data from App Inventor.

To find out what can or cannot be done with App Inventor, you may be better served searching for answers / asking questions on their forum:

There is also an archive of old posts: Redirecting to Google Groups

I seem to recall that some users had asked questions before about the use of OTG.

Thank you @gerrikoio for that....