Go Down

Topic: Silicon diode as voltage step down  (Read 755 times) previous topic - next topic

AJLElectronics

I don't trust ***** Chinese things on amazon, eBay or on whatever it is.
Something you need to understand about the Chinese is that they will do WHATEVER you ask. If you ask them to produce something at half the normal price, they will do that. If you ask them to build iPhones to a high standard, they will do that too.  The problem is not with the manufacturer, but the cheapskate customers who fail to see the difference between "cheap" and "value for money".

6v6gt

I really don't see the need, I typed buck boost converter 10A into Amazon and got loads of them, some under £10. No idea if they are reliable...

As you seem unable to do this here's an example, there are loads more buck boost 10A
Of course, it is not that I am incapable of doing such a search. It is that I misunderstood your comment in post #11 "As for reliable and safe....  " followed by a smiley symbol, as having found some which you considered reliable and safe. I see now that that was not your intention, but rather ambiguously expressed.

Tom-4

Something you need to understand about the Chinese is that they will do WHATEVER you ask. If you ask them to produce something at half the normal price, they will do that. If you ask them to build iPhones to a high standard, they will do that too.  The problem is not with the manufacturer, but the cheapskate customers who fail to see the difference between "cheap" and "value for money".
I understand that, but, you attached a link to very cheap poor buck converter... so please read and search well before mentioning cheap stuffs

PerryBebbington

Jun 01, 2020, 10:26 am Last Edit: Jun 01, 2020, 10:27 am by PerryBebbington
Of course, it is not that I am incapable of doing such a search. It is that I misunderstood your comment in post #11 "As for reliable and safe....  " followed by a smiley symbol, as having found some which you considered reliable and safe. I see now that that was not your intention, but rather ambiguously expressed.
Ah! OK, I understand now :-)

These DC - DC converters will be good quality with a warranty. I have not checked to see if there is one that meets the OP's requirements. They won't be as cheap as the ones on Amazon.

AJLElectronics

I understand that, but, you attached a link to very cheap poor buck converter... so please read and search well before mentioning cheap stuffs
Once again, re-read my posts. You seem to be under certain misapprehensions as to who said what.  It is also not advised to bite the hand that feeds you.

Tom-4

Once again, re-read my posts. You seem to be under certain misapprehensions as to who said what.  It is also not advised to bite the hand that feeds you.
Im biting nothing.... thank u in advance,  but, you are helping no one by mentioning cheap poor and not reliable stuffs my friend... so take it easy

AJLElectronics

PerryBebbington

Im biting nothing.... thank u in advance,  but, you are helping no one by mentioning cheap poor and not reliable stuffs my friend... so take it easy
He didn't, I did. At the time I thought it was what you wanted, now I know it wasn't. Someone else would have been pleased. 'Thanks but not quite what I was looking for' would have been a better response. Look at the link to RS, they are a reputable supplier with good quality products, I don't know if they have what you want but if they do you should be able to rely on it.

Tom-4

He didn't, I did. At the time I thought it was what you wanted, now I know it wasn't. Someone else would have been pleased. 'Thanks but not quite what I was looking for' would have been a better response.
You are right!

6v6gt

OK. I don't think this thread has been enhanced by the gentle teasing of the OP about the difference between silicon, the semiconductor material, and silicone (with an 'e') which is used in some cosmetic operations for the ladies who want to improve their profile. That, together with some other misunderstandings, also from me.

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL

It must be the way my mind works - I see "silicone" and I think "bathroom sealant"
Please don't PM technical questions - post them on the forum, then everyone benefits/suffers equally

raschemmel

Jun 01, 2020, 12:29 pm Last Edit: Jun 01, 2020, 12:29 pm by raschemmel
Sometimes humor relieves tension.  The way I see it, some people could use it...
After all, this isn't a drug deal...

larryd

Jun 01, 2020, 03:38 pm Last Edit: Jun 01, 2020, 07:06 pm by larryd
OMG
With the world the way it is, 10s of thousands dying in a pandemic, buildings being torched, people being choked, businesses being vandalized and broken into, economies falling apart, political leaders ignoring science, millions marching for their rights to be treated as humans, flimflam men selling fake medications, the smartest president EVER with his head in the corner and turning out the lights to hide in the dark so no one can see him; now we have the police saying we cannot have some fun in our lives.

Give your head a shake world.  :(

We am dominating here at the Blacked-out House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, way down in my new
"BEST EVER BUNKER" !
No technical PMs.
If you are asked a question, please respond with an answer.
If you are asked for more information, please supply it.
If you need clarification, ask for help.

Paul__B

Sometimes humor relieves tension.  The way I see it, some people could use it...
The latter part of this discussion did seem to need it even more!  :smiley-eek:

(I do note that the original mis-spelling was corrected following my last reminder.  :smiley-cool: )

Go Up