Go Down

Topic: Arduino to Android over bluetooth at 115200 baud, or anything other than 9600! (Read 561 times) previous topic - next topic

alexandregordon

Hello,

I have a project where I am sending data from an Arduino to a Android phone. I can write the code to receive the data on the phone over bluetooth using Bluetooth Classic (rather than BLE), but it only works at a baud of 9600. Ideally, I would like it to run at 115200.

I was just wondering if anyone else on this forum as come across this baud rate constraint and resolved it?

Thanks!

Nick_Pyner

The communication at 115200 is only between Arduino and Bluetooth. Android is not involved. It's not a constraint. You simply need to configure bluetooth to 115200 and remember to set the relevant
Code: [Select]
Serial.begin(115200);
I wonder if you really need to do this....

Check the Martyn Currey website, anyway.
I would like it to run at 115200.
I was just wondering if anyone else on this forum as come across this baud rate constraint

Robin2

You have not posted your Arduino program or told us how you are connecting your Bluetooth device to your Arduino.

If you are using SoftwareSerial that is probably where the bottleneck arises. It might work up to 38400 baud.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up