Go Down

Topic: dfu-util: Problem with Portenta H7 and Arduino IDE  (Read 740 times) previous topic - next topic

MindCode

Hello,

Im using Linux Manjaro.

on both: Arduino IDE and Arduino IDE Pro I get this message after trying to upload my code to the board:

Sketch uses 114256 bytes (14%) of program storage space. Maximum is 786432 bytes.
Global variables use 57072 bytes (10%) of dynamic memory, leaving 466552 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 523624 bytes.
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
dfu-util: Invalid DFU suffix signature
dfu-util 0.9

dfu-util: A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release!!!
Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
dfu-util: Cannot open DFU device 2341:035b
Copyright 2010-2020 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
dfu-util: No DFU capable USB device available
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/
This does not happen as root. However I dont want to use Arduino as root. I found a solution with adding $USER to tty and dialout groups. It still does not work.  In other threads i saw something about a script called 'create_dfu_udev_rule', however i cannot find it anywhere on my disk.

I also did run "arduino-linux-setup.sh":

./arduino-linux-setup.sh soulan

******* Add User to dialout,tty, uucp, plugdev groups *******

groupadd: group 'plugdev' already exists
groupadd: group 'dialout' already exists

******* Removing modem manager *******

error: target not found: modemmanager

Restarting udev

*********** Please Reboot your system ************
What is happening here?

pert

Did you try the fix described in the "Troubleshooting" section of this tutorial?:
https://www.arduino.cc/pro/tutorials/portenta-h7/por-ard-gs#troubleshooting

If you're using the classic Arduino IDE, after you put the Portenta in bootloader mode, make sure to check you still have the right port selected from the Tools > Bootloader menu, since it can change. The Pro IDE should automatically adjust the port setting if it changes.

MindCode

Hello, yes iI tried the fix of the tutorial. Also i have checked the ports. It seems to be a permission problem. When I start the Arduino IDE as root with sudo, it suddendly works. Also under windows it works. I know there are rules for udev and I double checked them after running the script "arduino-linux-setup.sh" whether they are in /etc/udev/rules.d. After reboot and reload keep having this problem.

pert

Here's the udev rule for the Portenta (and most of the other official Arduino boards currently in production):
Code: [Select]
cat /etc/udev/rules.d/20-arduino.rules
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2341", MODE="0666"

Go Up