Go Down

Topic: Fixing My Crappy Piano (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

thinkstheycancodelol

Fixing this piano is my first ardunio project and I would be lying if I said I was anything but completely lost.

Why it needs to be fixed in the first place:

The piano used to be to handle chords and sustaining notes but, one day it just stopped?  When trying to play more than one note at once it only plays one note and badly, and when trying to sustain it just repeats the same note over and over.  Changing the settings and the tone fixes the problem but only for a few seconds, and I know the speakers aren't the problem because I hooked up the piano to new speakers and it had the same problems.

How I think I can fix it:

So I'm assuming the problem is in the mirco-board(is that the term used?).  I think it may have gotten water damage or maybe just knocked around?  I'm not sure, but I'm thinking I could just replace the boards with my Arduino Uno and Adafruit Motor Shield.

Questions I have about how to go about it:

How is the board supposed to know what key is being pressed?  Or how long, or what sound to play?  How do I know what port goes to which wire?  Where can I find coding tutorials that would help with this?

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL

Try to imagine we know nothing at all about your "Crappy Piano".

Now, try again.
Please don't PM technical questions - post them on the forum, then everyone benefits/suffers equally

thinkstheycancodelol

My "Crappy Piano" is a Sound Master, Big Fun BF- 6302A.  It has two boards in it, the first with the numbers, 20190320, and underneath, 530-8002MP3-V8-2. 5, and the second board with the numbers 45730-A22_T1. 6. V1. 2_2017-11-02.  The first has three ports attached, power cable, USB, and a microphone port, and is connected to the microphone.  The second has a display for numbers that tell you what "tone" you are on, which you can change in the settings I mentioned earlier. Both boards are connected to a beige board with ZD on it (about a foot long and 1 1/2 inches wide)which is what the buttons for tone, demos, etc, and that is connected to another similar board connected to the keys, which seems to be what senses the keys.

Why it needs to be fixed in the first place:

The piano used to be to handle chords and sustaining notes but, one day it just stopped?  When trying to play more than one note at once it only plays one note and badly, and when trying to sustain it just repeats the same note over and over.  Changing the settings(which are in the form of buttons) and the tone fixes the problem but only for a few seconds, and I know the speakers aren't the problem because I hooked up the piano to new speakers and it had the same problems.How I think I can fix it:

So I'm assuming the problem is in the mirco-board(is that the term used?).  I think it may have gotten water damage or maybe just knocked around?  I'm not sure, but I'm thinking I could just replace the boards with my Arduino Uno and Adafruit Motor Shield.

Questions I have about how to go about it:

How is the board supposed to know what key is being pressed?  Or how long, or what sound to play?  How do I know what port goes to which wire?  Where can I find coding tutorials that would help with this?

Hopefully this is enough information to understand what I'm talking about.

pert

I've deleted your other cross-post @thinkstheycancodelol.

Cross-posting is against the rules of the forum. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes (or more) writing a detailed answer on this topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Repeated cross-posting will result in a suspension from the forum.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum board that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum board. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the sticky "How to use this forum - please read." post you will find at the top of every forum board. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Go Up