Go Down

Topic: OneShot timer on pin rising edge (Read 2248 times) previous topic - next topic

MartinL

Hi LeCrAm,

The easiest way is probably to set the TCC0's duty-cycle to 0, using the counter compare (CC0) register. The timer will retrigger as usual, but no pulse will be output:

Code: [Select]
TCC0->CC[0].reg = 0;             // Set the duty-cycle to 0
while(TCC0->SYNCBUSY.bit.CC0);   // Wait for synchronization

LeCrAm

Jul 01, 2020, 11:28 am Last Edit: Jul 01, 2020, 12:17 pm by LeCrAm
Hi Martin, maybe I didn't explained well, The only thing I would like to achieve is to prevent that TC4_Handler will be fired by resetting/clearing/restarting the counter with higher frequency signal, this means if this higher frequency signal is dissapears, the counter will not be resetted anymore and TC4 will fire with a frequency of 10KHz:

void init_start_timer()
{
// Set up the generic clock (GCLK4) used to clock timers
  REG_GCLK_GENDIV = GCLK_GENDIV_DIV(1) |          // Divide the 48MHz clock source by divisor 1: 48MHz/1=48MHz
                    GCLK_GENDIV_ID(4);            // Select Generic Clock (GCLK) 4
  while (GCLK->STATUS.bit.SYNCBUSY);              // Wait for synchronization

REG_GCLK_GENCTRL = GCLK_GENCTRL_IDC |           // Set the duty cycle to 50/50 HIGH/LOW
                     GCLK_GENCTRL_GENEN |         // Enable GCLK4
                     GCLK_GENCTRL_SRC_DFLL48M |   // Set the 48MHz clock source
                     GCLK_GENCTRL_ID(4);          // Select GCLK4

// Feed GCLK4 to TC4 and TC5
  REG_GCLK_CLKCTRL = GCLK_CLKCTRL_CLKEN |         // Enable GCLK4 to TC4 and TC5
                     GCLK_CLKCTRL_GEN_GCLK4 |     // Select GCLK4
                     GCLK_CLKCTRL_ID_TC4_TC5;     // Feed the GCLK4 to TC4 and TC5

REG_TC4_COUNT16_CC0 = 0x12C0;                   // Set the TC4 CC0 register as the TOP value in match frequency mode
  while (TC4->COUNT16.STATUS.bit.SYNCBUSY);       // Wait for synchronization

//NVIC_DisableIRQ(TC4_IRQn);
  //NVIC_ClearPendingIRQ(TC4_IRQn);
  NVIC_SetPriority(TC4_IRQn, 0);                  // Set the Nested Vector Interrupt Controller (NVIC) priority for TC4 to 0 (highest)
  NVIC_EnableIRQ(TC4_IRQn);                       // Connect TC4 to Nested Vector Interrupt Controller (NVIC)

REG_TC4_INTFLAG |= TC_INTFLAG_OVF;              // Clear the interrupt flags
  REG_TC4_INTENSET = TC_INTENSET_OVF;             // Enable TC4 interrupts
  // REG_TC4_INTENCLR = TC_INTENCLR_OVF;          // Disable TC4 interrupts

REG_TC4_CTRLA |= TC_CTRLA_PRESCALER_DIV1 |      // Set prescaler to 1, 48MHz/1024 = 46.875kHz
                   TC_CTRLA_WAVEGEN_MFRQ |        // Put the timer TC4 into match frequency (MFRQ) mode
                   TC_CTRLA_ENABLE;               // Enable TC4
  while (TC4->COUNT16.STATUS.bit.SYNCBUSY);       // Wait for synchronization

}

void TC4_Handler()                              // Interrupt Service Routine (ISR) for timer TC4
{     
  // Check for overflow (OVF) interrupt
  if (TC4->COUNT16.INTFLAG.bit.OVF && TC4->COUNT16.INTENSET.bit.OVF)             
  {
      // Manual triggering     
      if (TCC0->STATUS.bit.STOP)                                 // Check if the previous pulse is complete
      {
        TCC0->CTRLBSET.reg = TCC_CTRLBSET_CMD_RETRIGGER;         // Retrigger the timer's One/Multi-Shot pulse
        while (TCC0->SYNCBUSY.bit.CTRLB);                        // Wait for synchronization
      }

REG_TC4_INTFLAG = TC_INTFLAG_OVF;         // Clear the OVF interrupt flag
  }
}

LeCrAm

I figured out in the meantime, by disabling/enabling again, the counter resets:

// Reset 10KHz timer counter
  TC4->COUNT16.CTRLA.reg &= ~TC_CTRLA_ENABLE; // disable
  while (TC4->COUNT16.STATUS.bit.SYNCBUSY);                             // Wait for synchronization
  TC4->COUNT16.CTRLA.reg |= TC_CTRLA_ENABLE; // enable
  while (TC4->COUNT16.STATUS.bit.SYNCBUSY);                             // Wait for synchronization

MartinL

I figured out in the meantime, by disabling/enabling again, the counter resets:
But disabling the timer will also float (or tri-state) its outputs.

It's possible to turn off the TC4_Handler function by clearing the overflow bit in the INTENCLR register:

TC4->COUNT16.INTENCLR.reg = TC_INTENCLR_OVF;  // Disable overflow (OVF) interrupts

LeCrAm

Jul 27, 2020, 09:50 am Last Edit: Jul 27, 2020, 09:51 am by LeCrAm
Martin,

Thanks for your support!

An additional question, I'm using TCC0 for the oneshot functionality, is it also possible to use an additional/independent oneshot timer on TCC1? This oneshot timer on TCC1 should be triggered by software only, without external trigger by digital input.

The oneshot output should be D8 (PA06).

LeCrAm

Jul 27, 2020, 10:07 am Last Edit: Jul 27, 2020, 10:10 am by LeCrAm
Seems I have answered my own question....

PORT->Group[g_APinDescription[8].ulPort].PINCFG[g_APinDescription[8].ulPin].bit.PMUXEN = 1;
PORT->Group[g_APinDescription[8].ulPort].PMUX[g_APinDescription[8].ulPin >> 1].reg |= PORT_PMUX_PMUXE_E;

TCC1->CTRLA.reg = TC_CTRLA_PRESCALER_DIV8 |        // Set prescaler to 8, 48MHz/8 = 6MHz
                  TC_CTRLA_PRESCSYNC_PRESC;        // Set the reset/reload to trigger on prescaler clock                 

TCC1->CTRLBSET.reg = TCC_CTRLBSET_ONESHOT;         // Enable one shot
while (TCC1->SYNCBUSY.bit.CTRLB);                  // Wait for synchronization

TCC1->DRVCTRL.reg |= TCC_DRVCTRL_NRE2;             // Continue to drive the output on TCC1/WO[2] when timer has stopped (rather than becoming tri-state)
TCC1->DRVCTRL.reg |= TCC_DRVCTRL_INVEN2;           // Invert the output to generate an active low pulse on TCC1/WO[2]

TCC1->WAVE.reg = TCC_WAVE_WAVEGEN_NPWM;             // Set-up TCC1 timer for Normal (single slope) PWM mode (NPWM)
while (TCC1->SYNCBUSY.bit.WAVE)                    // Wait for synchronization

TCC1->PER.reg = 8999;                              // Set-up the PER (period) register for 1500us pulse period
while (TCC1->SYNCBUSY.bit.PER);                    // Wait for synchronization

TCC1->CC[0].reg = 8999;                            // Set-up the CC (counter compare), channel 2 register for 1500us pulse width
while (TCC1->SYNCBUSY.bit.CC0);                    // Wait for synchronization

TCC1->CTRLA.bit.ENABLE = 1;                        // Enable timer TCC1
while (TCC1->SYNCBUSY.bit.ENABLE);                 // Wait for synchronization

Still I don't understand these registers:
- TCC_DRVCTRL_NRE2
- TCC_DRVCTRL_INVEN2

How is this number 2 linked to the pin?

LeCrAm

After the init of the oneshot timer, a pulse is generated, how can I prevent this first pulse after init?

Juraj

After the init of the oneshot timer, a pulse is generated, how can I prevent this first pulse after init?
see the datasheet. I have in my code

TCC->CTRLBSET.reg = TCC_CTRLBSET_ONESHOT | TCC_CTRLBSET_DIR; //one shot and count down

LeCrAm

LeCrAm

The oneshot timer works OK, but sometimes I need to update the values:

TCC1->PER.reg = new_value;                        // Set the new value
  while (TCC1->SYNCBUSY.bit.PER);                          // Wait for synchronization       
  TCC1->CC[0].reg = (new_value>>1);                 // Set-up the CC (counter compare)
  while (TCC1->SYNCBUSY.bit.CC0);                          // Wait for synchronization   

Only the first time I fire the oneshot timer after updating the values:

// Manual triggering of oneshot     
  if(TCC1->STATUS.bit.STOP)                                                   // Check if the previous pulse is complete
  {       
    TCC1->CTRLBSET.reg = TCC_CTRLBSET_CMD_RETRIGGER;                          // Retrigger the timer's One/Multi-Shot pulse
    while (TCC1->SYNCBUSY.bit.CTRLB);                                         // Wait for synchronization
  }

The timing doesn't seem to be right, the second time I fire the oneshot, it is OK. It seems the period is several ms late/early.

What can be wrong here?

Go Up