Go Down

Topic: nRF24L01 Won't Work Using Battery (Read 689 times) previous topic - next topic

lisakeizia

NO. The radio runs on 3 V.

This tutorial may help.
Okay, I might have burned all my radios by using 6V all this time.
To summarized it, I should have used only one 3V battery to power it and add a capacitor to the radio module? Will it still be okay for me to use the coin cells? Will it finally provide enough current when I add the capacitor despite using a 3V coin cell battery?
I'm sorry if I sound stupid, thank you for putting up with me. Thank you for the tutorial!

jremington

Jul 03, 2020, 08:35 pm Last Edit: Jul 03, 2020, 08:37 pm by jremington
I should have used only one 3V battery to power it and add a capacitor to the radio module?
Correct, but the capacitor may not solve the problem. Coin cells are not designed to supply much current.

Coin cells are generally intended for very low power circuitry, but come in different current capacities. So, if the capacitor does not solve the problem, try using two cells in parallel (equivalent to a thicker 3V coin cell).

lisakeizia

So, if the capacitor does not solve the problem, try using two cells in parallel (equivalent to a thicker 3V coin cell).
Okay! Thank you so much for the solution! I will update the result after I modified the circuit.

Go Up