Go Down

Topic: Using an Arduino Uno R3 and need core files for the Atmega32 (Read 509 times) previous topic - next topic

i0pnr

Hello,

Hope this finds you well. I am writing with regard to an Uno R3 that I recently purchased through amazon. I have spent hours trying to find workarounds for getting the Atmega32 microcontroller on the list of boards available boards in the Arduino IDE.

I have search far and wide and it's been a bit discouraging to say the least as I am fairly new to programming. Feeling a little too stupid for this but I want so badly to figure this out.

My apologies if this is the wrong outlet to request for help. I did search through the Arduino forums and across the web to no avail. The sources that looked promising linked to Github core files for the Atmega32 that are no longer available.

Thank you for your time and any assistance you may have in this matter.

All best,
Bryan

sterretje

I'm a little confused; why do you need an AtMega32 core for an Uno?

Never used it but https://github.com/MCUdude/MightyCore supports the AtMega32 according to the readme.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

vaj4088

The Uno (R3, R2, R1) is already supported by the Arduino IDE. No other files are needed.  What is going on?

david_2018

The UNO uses an atmega328, not an atmega32.  In the Arduino IDE, you would use "Arduino UNO" in the Tools>Board menu.

Go Up