Go Down

Topic: Problem upload sketch to Arduino Nano 33 Iot (Read 132 times) previous topic - next topic

brosseklium

Jun 23, 2020, 08:36 pm Last Edit: Jun 25, 2020, 01:35 am by brosseklium
I have problems to upload the sketch to Arduino Nano 33 IoT, but only after a while. When I start working I can upload the sketch without issues several times. But then I start to get the «No device found on ttyACM0
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
» error. Maybe I then can keep on working for another short while by pressing the Nano 33 Iot reset button twice (quickly). But finally I can not upload at all.

This has happened three days in a row now. I do not understand this behavior. I have worked with two other Nano 33  Iot board without issues, so maybe it is specific to this board. I did not work with WiFi previously, but on this board. Does using WiFi "kill" the board?

I use Linux Mint.
The Arduino IDE is version 1.8.13

I have tested several USB-cables.
I have tried to upload an "empty" sketch.
I have written the following in a terminal window:
Code: [Select]
sudo usermod -a -G dialout user_name
sudo usermod -a -G tty user_name

Klaus_K

Maybe this is a Linux issue. I am not a Linux expert but I read Linux does not like things being disconnected without un-mounting or whatever it is called.
Because the Arduino Nano 33 IoT and BLE resets and re-configures the USB peripheral multiple times during programming without warning this could qualify as unusual behavior.

This behavior causes its own issues under Windows, you have to select the port on the IDE every time you upload and then open the Serial Monitor. But if you get used to the routine it works without issues.

Go Up