Go Down

Topic: Arduino 12v PWM (Read 202 times) previous topic - next topic

endrithoxha123

Jun 30, 2020, 06:03 pm Last Edit: Jun 30, 2020, 06:06 pm by endrithoxha123
Hello
I need to control a vacuum valve in the car with arduino, depending on the rpm, duty cycle is from 40% -75% (pwm), what transistor should I use and if anyone can help me with the scheme, the valve voltage is 12v
Thanks

Ron_Blain

You make no mention of the load current making it impossible to suggest a transistor. Low current a 2N3904 good to about 200 mA, the 2N2222 is nice to 800 mA and personally rather than a transistor I like the FQP30N06L or for light work a 2N7000. The latter two are MOSFETs. So how about you provide a drawing of your intended application and some real world numbers?

Ron

endrithoxha123

Jun 30, 2020, 06:39 pm Last Edit: Jun 30, 2020, 07:01 pm by endrithoxha123
measured, the current is about 1.1A,
while the sensor has two terminals positive and negative
Thanks

endrithoxha123

Jun 30, 2020, 07:04 pm Last Edit: Jun 30, 2020, 07:10 pm by endrithoxha123
I upload image in this link because i cant upload here

https://ibb.co/6XvgqJN

MarkT

You current is flowing the wrong way!

For over an amp a logic-level MOSFET is appropriate, rated at 55V (standard automotive voltage), 0.1 ohm or less on-resistance.

You need to common the grounds between the switched circuit and the Arduino.  The valve will be inductive so
a free-wheel diode is needed across it - as in circuits for switching a relay using a mosfet.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

endrithoxha123

but relays do not work here, because the valve will operate with pwm signal with source voltage 12 volt

Ron_Blain

but relays do not work here, because the valve will operate with pwm signal with source voltage 12 volt
The valve will be inductive so a free-wheel diode is needed across it - as in circuits for switching a relay using a mosfet.
As in a circuit for switching a relay. Read what was posted.

You want a Logic Level MOSFET and you can PWM the low side of the valve. It's a common circuit, nothing unique or out of the ordinary.

Ron

endrithoxha123

As in a circuit for switching a relay. Read what was posted.

You want a Logic Level MOSFET and you can PWM the low side of the valve. It's a common circuit, nothing unique or out of the ordinary.

Ron
Sorry , I apologize for my mistake, thank you for your help

All the best

TomGeorge

Jul 01, 2020, 04:06 pm Last Edit: Jul 01, 2020, 04:06 pm by TomGeorge
measured, the current is about 1.1A,
while the sensor has two terminals positive and negative
Thanks
What sensor?
Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

Thanks.. Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up