Go Down

Topic: atmega8 ir_sensor (Read 441 times) previous topic - next topic

razevortex

hey y@ll i think im a bit more then a noob just recently came to use register pins and stuff... well right to my proplem i got a repair project of an motorized canvas it has a ir_remote control and used a atmega8 chip  with the common ir librarys i managed to get the code working ez pz...
when i used the same code on the atmega8 not so much it recognize that it recives some code but seems to fail to decode it properly.
its special hard for me to get some troubleshooting done since i dont have a proper isp board and use a uno for uploading what makes me unable to use Serial output to get some more info whats acutaly wrong.
i believe it could be an issue with the TCCR OCR registers since i even had to set fuses different in the board.txt to make the atmega8 run with the correct speed (blink sketch was running way to slow).

the atmega8 was useualy running with the internal 8Mhz internal oscilator as is does now but im not entirly sure if the library does that too. but i think it actualy said 8000000UL clockspeed at the atmega8 part.

i tryed to get to understand the timer register thing but so far i basicly got a couple days of headache out of it... if someone could help a bit or point me in the right direction i realy would appreaciate it.
thx

skyvan

a ir_remote control and used a atmega8 chip  with the common ir librarys i managed to get the code working ez pz...
i used the same code on the atmega8 not so much it recognize that it recives some code but seems to fail to decode it properly.
I don't understand. The two statements seem to contradict one another.

And what code? Maybe you should post it here.

razevortex

omg my bad the example library code worked ez pz on a arduino uno. as i saied the code seems to run on the embedded atmega8l just the decoding part wount. tryed even an embedded atmega328p what basicly is the arduino uno chip but it couldnt decode properly either.

skyvan

omg my bad the example library code worked ez pz on a arduino uno. as i saied the code seems to run on the embedded atmega8l just the decoding part wount. tryed even an embedded atmega328p what basicly is the arduino uno chip but it couldnt decode properly either.
To stand any real chance of anyone helping you to solve your problem you need to post your two sets of code and your two circuit diagrams.

Go Up