Go Down

Topic: VGARDUINO (Read 369 times) previous topic - next topic

munkemann

Hello
I'm looking for a larger screen for the Arduino, at least 10 inches. But then I found a VGARDUINO which had a VGA output and which could display Data on a TV screen, for example.
 This VGARDUINO is not mentioned here.
So the question is: Is it fake advertising, such a product does not exist?

Kent O. Andersen
Denmark

PerryBebbington

Aug 10, 2020, 01:20 am Last Edit: Aug 10, 2020, 01:28 am by PerryBebbington
Hello,
Welcome :-)
So the question is: Is it fake advertising?
Impossible to tell without at least a link to the suspect advertising.

Even with a link I am struggling to think of a way to distinguish a fake product from a real one without actually buying one.

munkemann

VGARDUINO

Here is a link

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67935456/vgaduino-ii-new-256-color-graphic-shield-for-ardui

but I just do not understand why it is not for sale here
or mentioned in any way. as the ad suggests, it's pretty useful.

Kent

pert

It's certainly no lie that you can use an Arduino to display data on a TV or a VGA monitor. I am a bit confused by your statement about a VGA output being used to display data on a TV though. I'm not very knowledgeable on these matters, but my understanding is that VGA was only used by computer monitors, not by TVs.

It's not necessary to buy some "product" to do this though, there are free Arduino libraries or sketches you can use to do this with an Arduino board you already own. Here's a random selection I found from a quick search:

but I just do not understand why it is not for sale here
Arduino mostly sells Arduino products on their website. They do sell some products from other manufacturers. However, this is unlikely to be a profitable item for Arduino to resell because there are so few customers who will still have a VGA monitor on hand (I'll admit that I do have one gathering dust on a shelf).

or mentioned in any way.
Well, now it is!

munkemann

I can not find a large screen for Arduino, but I have found some monitors (10 inch HD) that can be used as a monitor and TV / Video with different inputs (HDMI, VGA, VA, USB). Therefore, VGARDUINO could be interesting.
But since Arduino knows nothing about it, I will look through your suggestions and hope there is something that can be used with a large 10 inch screen.

Thank you so much for the help

Paul__B

It's certainly no lie that you can use an Arduino to display data on a TV or a VGA monitor. I am a bit confused by your statement about a VGA output being used to display data on a TV though. I'm not very knowledgeable on these matters, but my understanding is that VGA was only used by computer monitors, not by TVs.
Oh come on now!

Nearly all current TVs have a VGA input.  Have you not noticed?

OTOH, that was a kickstarter project, the Web page states "This post is for backers only" suggesting there was a limited run of boards and it was "Last updated April 22, 2017 ".

pert

No, I haven't owned a television since the 90s. I have better things to do with my time. It seems strange they would provide such an outdated interface on modern TVs, but I'll take your word for it.

rudia

bperrybap

For something that needs to drive video, I would use a raspberry pi.
The raspberry pi can drive full HD over HDMI, has audio, a real os, with real development tools and plenty of memory.
The raspberry pi zero w which has built in wifi and is as small as the Arduino nano is only $10 and often on sale for $5 USD at microcenter.

The full blown Raspberry pi 4 model b is only $35 USD and has a quad core ARM processor, dual 4k outputs, 2GB ram, gigabit ethernet, usb3 and more.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b/specifications/

--- bill

Go Up