Go Down

Topic: Web site to control iot (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Johan_Ha

I have no question, I just want comments on this concept. My robot controlled musical instrument is placed in a public place. Anyone can control the robot using their smartphone. That's in a nutshell what I'm working on.

So the user should be able to operate my robot using a smartphone. I always hate having to install a lousy app to get something done, when the alternative would be to just use a well designed web page. So I have this setup instead. An Arduino Mkr 1010 WiFi gets the actions from a web site and steers the robot accordingly. User navigates with a smartphone to that website and controls the actions through a web page with suitable gadgets. There will be a delay, but in this particular instrument it's not critical.

To help the user get going, a sign with a QR-code takes one to the site. Technically anyone in the world could have access to the instrument, if they just knew the url. But that, too, is intentional.

If you ask for help and write 'u' instead of 'you' because you think it's convenient, I will write 'no' instead of 'yes'. For same reasons.

Go Up