Go Down

Topic: help with mosfet with brushless motor controller (Read 270 times) previous topic - next topic

jonisonvespa

Jul 13, 2020, 12:14 pm Last Edit: Jul 13, 2020, 03:28 pm by jonisonvespa
hello
i have a brushless motor controller which i would like to hack ie make it switch higher currents
im thinking of using the same mosfet and in effect doubling them currently there is just 1 per pole im thinking of adding another same  mosfet in parallel would this work can think of any reason why it wont?
thnks

This is it

https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/NTMFS5C628NL-D.PDF

MarkT

There's something really important you've neglected to tell us...
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

jonisonvespa

Jul 13, 2020, 02:39 pm Last Edit: Jul 13, 2020, 02:42 pm by jonisonvespa
The mosphet Im using is the same as is on the original same voltage just want to increase current Capability not sure if it has a gate driver will check

ballscrewbob

PDF files are not the best for use in the forum.

Actual links, pictures, text are much preferred.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

jonisonvespa

Jul 14, 2020, 03:31 pm Last Edit: Jul 14, 2020, 03:31 pm by jonisonvespa
No the mosfets do not have a driver, it gets signal from processor

jonisonvespa

ballscrewbob

Schematics and details for the current unit ?

Present MOSFET that is in there ?

Actual application you want to upgrade for ?

It is easy to stick a jet engine in a Mini but without context you would be on your own.  :smiley-eek-blue:

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up