Go Down

Topic: Invalid DFU suffix signature  (Read 216 times) previous topic - next topic

cvoalex

Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am Last Edit: Oct 21, 2020, 07:09 am by cvoalex
I get this  on both of my Windows 10 machines.  Using the regular IDE and the Pro Idea.

On the regular IDE it did see it once, and only once.  After that it would not see it again.

I see people having similar problems.

Did anyone figure out a solution for Windows 10?

Pls help
Tx

dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2020 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

Invalid DFU suffix signature
A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release!!!
No DFU capable USB device available
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

pert

This warning does not indicate a problem. It is expected. If you're not seeing it in the Arduino IDE, it's because you have "Show verbose output during: upload" disabled in your File > Preferences.

cvoalex

Oh its not just a warning.  It never uploads.

Also see the last line:

And
Verbose is disabled

pert

Oops, my mistake. I got fixated on the post title and didn't look closely at the output.

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the problem. When you say this:
Using the regular IDE and the Pro Idea.

On the regular IDE it did see it once, and only once.  After that it would not see it again.
Do you mean that you only had an error while uploading once when using the regular IDE, and now you are able to upload without any error always when using the regular IDE?

cvoalex

Hi

I cannot upload at all.  Tried regular IDE and the new Pro IDE that is in alpha|beta.

I just tried it on a Mac.  It does see the port on Mac but still cannot upload.  Same message.

dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2020 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

dfu-util: Invalid DFU suffix signature
dfu-util: A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release!!!
dfu-util: No DFU capable USB device available

Also I tried with 2 different Portena boards.   Same error everywhere.

I wonder if I got a bad batch.  DId anyone else have to do anything to the ports to make theirs work other than just select the board and port?

pert

Please check this thread:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=691183

Two possible solutions are presented there:
- put the board in bootloader mode by pressing the reset button twice (make sure you see the green LED pulsing,  if not, try waiting a little longer between the button presses)
- Installing the driver manually

cvoalex

Today at 12:39 am Last Edit: Today at 02:51 am by cvoalex
Hello,  thanks for the help  I tried that and it didnt work.

What did work is this.  I switched to USB 2 ports on computer instead of USB3.

USB 3 does not work.  Tried on 5 different computers.

This needs to be noted in the install

thejerseychemist

Today at 02:52 am Last Edit: Today at 03:09 am by thejerseychemist
Dear all,

I have been able to use a USB 3.1 cable rather than USB 2.0 to upload sketches etc. previously, but I now encounter similar problems. This therefore may be a related observation to the OP.

I recently moved away from the Arduino embed enabled board 'deprecated' version to the different, new version in the boards manager of the Pro IDE.

I've noticed that I can upload a few sketches perhaps, however after a while my USB modem port (dev/cu.usbmodem14201) disappears from the ports option in the IDE and I cannot upload any more sketches and receive the error message:

Cannot perform port reset: opening port: Serial port busy

followed by:

Code: [Select]
dfu-util: No DFU capable USB device available
Upload error: Error: 2 UNKNOWN: uploading error: uploading error: exit status 74

On my Mac, I can check to see which devices are using this port to try and discern whether there is a conflict with another device. To do this I use the command 'lsof | grep usbmodem' and I get a line returned from the terminal indicating that Arduino is using the port:

Code: [Select]
arduino-c 3690 ryan   24u      CHR               18,5        0t0                 715 /dev/cu.usbmodem14201

If I was able to upload two sketches, one each to the M7 and M4 cores before the upload begins to fails, there is another line indicating that the Arduino is using this port (twice), presumably once for each core.

The important take away message is that if I close the Pro IDE and reopen, I can upload again a few sketches before encountering this problem again. Changing the cable doesn't make a difference. The Arduino is drawing power because the LED blink sketch just uploaded is blinking away merrily; I just can't upload different code to the board without closing the IDE first. And it seems that the Portenta is using the port, but for some reason I just cannot upload code.

All the best,
Ryan

cvoalex

Ryan
I am experiencing the exact same thing.
Also, after I compile and upload the port drops and I need to reconnect.  And it usually changes.

Very frustrating.  Anyone figure out how to resolve this?

Go Up