Go Down

Topic: Portenta Facebook Group (Read 391 times) previous topic - next topic

dandan10

Jul 23, 2020, 03:48 am Last Edit: Jul 24, 2020, 06:41 pm by dandan10
Hello all Portenta users and fans,

I feel like the Portenta lacks documentation (it is early stage) and I understand that it has tons of potential so I decided to make a Facebook group so that we can solve each others problems and support each others projects. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/portenta.

Hoping to see you all there,
Daniel

marcomauro

This is a great idea just joined the group, thank you. I agree there is much to do to develop a good documentation for the portenta

sbhklr

Hi Daniel! Great effort, thanks for that! I'm working with the firmware and the content team on improving the APIs, writing tutorials and assessing the overall experience with Portenta. I'm happy to join the group and I'd love to hear your feedback. See you on Facebook.

jerteach

Aug 01, 2020, 05:07 pm Last Edit: Aug 01, 2020, 05:45 pm by jerteach
Hello all Portenta users and fans ... facebook group ...

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/portenta.

This group is really interesting, a lot of cutting edge stuff happening in the chats, we are sorting things out before people post on this forum. I am not much of a facebook fan, but this group is very useful. My latest situation of the pushed in header pins ( instead of soldering them ) causing my ground pin to work erratically. It was very useful to get such quick feedback from other users getting different results.

pert

My latest situation of the pushed in header pins ( instead of soldering them )
It's impossible to get a reliable electrical connection by doing that.

jwestmoreland

This group is really interesting, a lot of cutting edge stuff happening in the chats, we are sorting things out before people post on this forum. I am not much of a facebook fan, but this group is very useful. My latest situation of the pushed in header pins ( instead of soldering them ) causing my ground pin to work erratically. It was very useful to get such quick feedback from other users getting different results.

Move this to twitter, and I'll join.

jerteach

Aug 01, 2020, 11:00 pm Last Edit: Aug 01, 2020, 11:40 pm by jerteach
Move this to twitter, and I'll join.

Just got to agree on a hashtag. I have already posted as @rocksetta to

#Portenta
#PortentaH7

Or perhaps make it more complex so only people from this forum follow it

#arduinoPortentaH7
#arduinoProPortentaH7

Any opinions?

pert

#Portenta seems prone to pollution, since this is a Latin word. On the other hand, I just checked it out and there isn't very much.

Another thing to consider is that "Portenta" is a family of Arduino products. Sure, that family currently only consists of a single product, but the fact it's advertised as a family indicates to me the intent to eventually add more beyond just the carrier. So if you want to make it about the entire Portenta family, then you'll likely regret adding "H7" to the hashtag at some point in the future. On the other hand, if you want to make it exclusively about the H7, then a hashtag that only specifies "Portenta" may end up with a lot of tweets about other members of the family in the future.

jwestmoreland

pert,

So, the H7 still isn't recognized under the new IDE - you asked to let you know: #295

Regards,
John

jwestmoreland

jerteach,

I'll vote for:

#arduinoProPortentaH7

Since it's new (I think) and will keep it more localized here possibly.

Regards,
John

pert

So, the H7 still isn't recognized under the new IDE - you asked to let you know: #295
I apologize for being so slow to respond. I have now replied in that issue thread on GitHub.

jwestmoreland

I apologize for being so slow to respond. I have now replied in that issue thread on GitHub.
pert,

Just tried with the Nano IoT and it does the same thing.

I used to work with a bunch of guys that would say "works for you and not for me" - I guess that's the case.

Due to what was added to #295 I thought I had to wait for 0.7.0 - guess I'm glad I asked now.

So, suggestions?  I'm definitely using this:

Code: [Select]
[https://gist.githubusercontent.com/per1234/e49b8ff532b1617d880a9f08298cada9/raw/af4158932e1537bc90bbc5c741340765eeb2c2c4/package_portentaworkaround_index.json

Regards,
John

Go Up