Using JLink As Programmer - From Github

Hello All,

JIC anyone here wants to use the JLink as a programmer for the new Portenta H7 - it does work - and I put together a quick start guide that's discussed here:

The PDF of the guide is here:

JLink Quick Start Guide

Remember, YMMV and don't fear the OLoD - it's there for a reason.

Best Regards,
John W.

Thanks so much for your proposal to add this useful capability to the Portenta's boards platform and for taking the time to provide such excellent documentation @jwestmoreland!

One super minor suggested improvement for the documentation:

The Arduino CLI Platform specification is here:
Redirecting

I would suggest changing " Arduino CLI Platform specification" to " Arduino Platform specification".

The reason is because saying "Arduino CLI" could cause people to get the idea this documentation is only applicable when using Arduino CLI directly. However, this is the universal specification for Arduino platforms, which applies to any official Arduino development software (i.e., Arduino IDE, Arduino Pro IDE, Arduino CLI, Arduino Web Editor), and likely most 3rd party Arduino development tools as well.

I think the fact that the specification is hosted in the Arduino CLI's repository could lead to this impression. The reason it's there is because the specification is mostly implemented in the Arduino CLI codebase, but the other tools all use Arduino CLI, so they gain the same functionality.

Hello pert,

Certainly - I will make that modification.

Thanks for taking the time to read it and thanks for the suggestion.

Best Regards,
John W.

pert,

Modification in above link in OP completed.

Thanks Again For The Feedback,
John W.

Fantastic work - I am on Linux so will need to translate.

Thanks relberger2!

I will try to take a look on an Ubuntu install I have when I have time. Segger definitely has Linux install tools so there should be no real issues there AFAIK. Good luck.

Regards,
John W.