Go Down

Topic: Beware of cheap AliExpress IRLZ34N mosfets (Read 109 times) previous topic - next topic

zeerob

Hi, I have bought 50 IRLZ34N mosfets (for USD 8.51) on Ali Express, for use with a 3.3V Arduino project.
The IRLZ34N is supposed to open at 2.0V, according to the datasheet.
However, the ones that I bought start to open around 3.5V or more.
The have IRLZ34N printed on them!
I have now bought new ones (from Digikey), and these meet the specs and work fine.
Just wanted to warn you. It did cost me a lot of work because I had soldered 14 of those on a tight experimental board.

ballscrewbob

How can you be sure it is ALL of Aliexpress ?
I have had lots of very good purchases of components from them !

Maybe it was just a single supplier ?

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

zeerob

Well, you cannot be sure. I have had lots of good AliExpress purchases too. These mosfets did work, but they were out of spec. I bought from a supplier with good reviews.
This is a mosfet that is typically used for Arduino projects. So, I am just sharing my experience.

ballscrewbob

Then why do you insist it was Aliexpress and not just a single supplier ?

Did you take the issue up with Aliexpress and the seller ?

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up