Go Down

Topic: Looking for project suggestions based on my hardware (Read 532 times) previous topic - next topic

george_i

I have these hardware items:
- a couple of Arduino boards
- water pressure sensor
- sonic distance measurement
- weather sensor
- 2 water tanks, each of 1000 liters
- one electrovalve
- lots of drip irrigation tubes

And these skills:
- fullstack web development
- decent Android development
- basic knowledge in various programming languages

I'm more a programmer than a hardware guy.
I'd like to exercise using artificial intelligence in a IoT project.

I am interested in project suggestions based on the above, but I'd prefer a project which uses the two water tanks, since they are taking space in the backyard and could have a greater practical use.

Thank you

Idahowalker

Build a automated yard watering system based upon ground water content, that can received MQTT data that over-rides the default settings. Such as the system waters at 15% water content but you want to water your yard now, SO whiles on vacation in some far off land, you go online, to your web page, select on for 20 minutes, hit send and, at home a 1000 miles away, water comes on for 20 minutes.

george_i

Build a automated yard watering system based upon ground water content, that can received MQTT data that over-rides the default settings. ...
I already have one and these items are left.

wildbill

Well, those items are crying out to be used in an irrigation scenario, so do you have any area (greenhouse?) that isn't being served by your existing system?

george_i

do you have any area (greenhouse?) that isn't being served by your existing system?
I have a small greenhouse for seedlings only, but this will need irrigation with a higher water pressure, so the water tanks are not going to be useful.

Perhaps a birdbath...

AmphenolSensors

Pressure is only a function of the relative hieght of the water in the tank and where you are dispensing it. Lower the difference and pressure reduces.

Or if you need the capacity of the bigger tank, create an intermediate day tank which is much smaller and has the pressure you need, big tank feeds little tank drip feeds seedlings.

Go Up