Go Down

Topic: two factor authentication (Read 363 times) previous topic - next topic

westfw

Can I somehow permanently opt out of the Arduino Forum's attempts to sign me up for two-factor authentication?
A techie forum just does not need that level of security, IMO, and I'm slightly less comfortable with it having my real phone number than I am with the idea that someone might try to log in and impersonate me...

ballscrewbob

Eh ?

Oh are you on a phone or tablet as the google linked stuff can be a pita in offering two factor.

No two factor here just olde skool compo.

And turned OFF the offers on my phone, cannot remember how but google told me what to do  :smiley-grin:

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

westfw

Oh are you on a phone or tablet as the google linked stuff can be a pita in offering two factor.
Yeah, I think I've only seen it on my iPad...

Robin2

Aug 02, 2020, 10:40 am Last Edit: Aug 02, 2020, 10:40 am by Robin2
It comes up on this laptop and I just click SKIP (or something like that).

I agree it is complete overkill. Everything I post here is intended for public consumption (the poor public :) )

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

MAS3

Plain old windows PC here, and i'm being pestered with that nonsense too.
It improved for a while, but now i have to log in more often followed with this two factor authentication nonsence.
Every time this happens, the chance for me to visit (let alone actually do business)the shop gets exponentially less.
I'm here for the forum and fail to see why i also need to be logged in at some shop and/or to other sites i'm not interested in.

Sure, it's easy to click the SKIP button.
But that's a guarantee it will return until i would give in and agree with the nonsense (which of course will never happen).
If two factor log in would ever become mandatory on this site, i'll leave.
Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

ballscrewbob

Pretty sure it is more to do with goggle (gmail) mail accounts.
Which i dont use for Arduino forum.

But for those that do and are sick of pop ups

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up