Your latest purchase (August 20th to February 11th)

Picked up a couple of these: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Sharp-Microelectronics/LS013B4DN02/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt82OzCyDsLFMoJHsqwyMeG71TqA7JoCTs%3D

These are really neat little displays. New(ish) tech from Sharp, memory LCDs are extremely energy efficient (15 uW for the 96x96 PNLC display, 50uW for the larger WQVGA model. Yes, that's microwatts.). Simple SPI interface, easy protocol. No refresh required to display static images - set it and forget it.

Only a couple of minor quibbles. First, the device has a tiny 10-pin FPC connector; ordered a breakout from proto-advantage which took a few days to arrive. Second, the device is dual-voltage, requiring 5v for power and 3.3v for communication, which is kind of a pain.

I had the device up and running with a simple app in about an hour; will be working on a more full-featured library for the displays this weekend. Mostly as an excuse to consolidate the best features of all of the display code I've written over the last couple of years :roll_eyes:. I'll post an entry on the playground when it's ready for public consumption.

Next up, a larger model: LS027B7DH01 Sharp Microelectronics | Mouser Europe