Can this tesla coil design work from an Arduino PWN output ?

So iam building a tesla coil and want to control it using an Arduino and wanted to ask if this circuit could work ?

OP's image, posted properly:

That is not a safe design for an Arduino, because the transistor lacks a base resistor and will overload an Arduino output port.

You will probably have great difficulties operating an Arduino near a functioning Tesla coil, because of severe electrical noise in all exposed wiring.

You might try a logic level avalanche protected MOSFET, that should work. The MOSFET gate circuit impedance will help protect your Arduino. I would also suggest putting a resistor in the 51 to 100 ohm range in series with the gate to keep it from oscillation. You need to be careful of the wiring you would best shield the high voltage wire to keep emi out of your circuit. A pull down resistor on the digital output will keep it under control when you start the power on sequence. All of the circuits I worked on driving this type of load were in a grounded metal box, the coil was not.

DutchOrange:
So iam building a tesla coil and want to control it using an Arduino and wanted to ask if this circuit could work ?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/637644798957977601/748234091727421520/New_my_tesla_coil.JPG

For some reason, I don't think you have the schematic for a Tesla coil. A Tesla uses the primary coil as part of an oscillator. What you show if the ignition circuit for a gasoline engine. The same timing restraints will be needed for your project. Long dwell time to charge the primary coil and a short time to discharge the primary coil. That calls for something other than a square wave. How rapidly can your circuit discharge the primary energy?

Paul

Coils don't work well with square wave. they produce 'spikes' instead.

With a fixed PWM frequency how would you ensure staying on the resonant frequency of the Tesla coil?
Usually a Tesla coil circuit is a resonant oscillator that automatically hits the resonant point (Tesla coil
is an air-cored resonant transformer).

If you are interested in Tesla coils have a look at Extreme Electronics

You may misunderstand the way coils work or think of: Square wave produces square wave.
If you feed the primary coil with square wave the secondary does not produce square wave current. It just produces a very short spike at the raising edge of the current of the primary then turns flat until the next one.