Go Down

Topic: [HELP] How to connect AVR-Doper to Arduino IDE? (Read 4331 times) previous topic - next topic

sav3

I'm using Arduino IDE for my target chip, everytime I want to download the .hex file I'm using other software (avrdude-GUI) because I don't have an arduino board plus I only have AVR-Doper as a programmer.

Is there anyone have tried to connect the AVR-Doper to Arduino IDE so I can click the upload button? a 'lil tweaking in hardware.txt and preferences.txt maybe..

CrossRoads

I thnk you need to change programmers.txt, I had to do the same to add my mdfly AVR ISP programmer.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

sav3

of course, I did this all:
in AVR-Doper there's 2 mode, CDC mode and HID mode

->CDC mode
avrdoper.communication=serial
avrdoper.protocol=stk500v1

upload.using=avrdoper
serial.port=com11(terdeteksi di device manager)

error :
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions
Binary sketch size: 826 bytes (of a 7168 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

HID mode
avrdoper.communication=avrdoper
avrdoper.protocol=stk500v2

upload.using=avrdoper
serial.port=avrdoper
error :
Done uploading
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "com1": The system cannot find the file specified.

avrdoper.communication=usb

upload.using=avrdoper
serial.port=avrdoper
error:
Done uploading
avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

avrdoper.communication=usb

upload.using=avrdoper
serial.port=usb
error:
Done uploading
avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

This is my AVR-Doper
http://rototron.info/USBAVR/USBAVR.aspx

CrossRoads

Get rid of all that and try a simpler approach.
Just add the following in programmers.txt:

usbasp.name=avrdoper
usbasp.protocol=usbasp
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

sav3

OK I'll try it..
which mode should I use then,CDC or HID ?

CrossRoads

sav3

still not work, it says could not find USB device "USBasp" with vid=xxxx and pid=xxxx
AVR-Doper is using stk500v2 protocol in HID mode, but in CDC mode it's using stk500v1 protocol
any solution?

CrossRoads

Send a PM to PaulS, he knows more about this than I.

sav3

Go Up