Go Down

Topic: Looking for help to build an LED matrix stock ticker (PAID) (Read 822 times) previous topic - next topic

cheersbros

So I'm a total beginner with no experience in microcontrollers or LED matrices so I need help with creating a stock market ticker that displays live prices and company logo graphics, with LED matrices and the Arduino.

The stock ticker will look something like this:

https://youtu.be/e6G8XnjPIrg

I'd like to start off small so I'm thinking of just using 5, 64x32 P4 LED Matrices and the Arduino.

What I need from you:
- To tell me what parts I need to buy (LED matrix, power supplies, controller, wires etc.)
- Once I receive the parts, walk me through on how to connect all the different parts together
- Help me program the code that would run the stock ticker on the LED matrices with the Arduino in the format of: Company logo image -> Price -> and Price Change
- Do some final touch ups

Please let me know if you're interested! I'm willing to offer up to $600 in payment.

J-M-L

Please let me know if you're interested! I'm willing to offer up to $600 in payment.
I doubt $600 will get you very far for such a project (There are reasons beyond pure margin why those systems cost tens of thousands of dollars)

Standard Arduinos won't have the power to drive smooth scrolling of 5 x 64x32 P4 LED Matrices (that's 10240 RGB points). these displays are designed to be driven by FPGAs or other high speed processors

where would you get your ticker from ?

Hello - Please do not PM me for help,  others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.
Bonjour Pas de messages privés SVP, postez dans le forum directement pour que ça profite à tous

noiasca

IMHO this project can't be done for a 3rd party within the given costs estimation.

I have a working - but number/text only version - here for the 8xFC16 matrixes and it took me quite a time to get it working: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Yt0lZY1TY

Even if you find a proper API, you still have to think about how to limit traffic to meet their "fair use" policy and not to exceed the request limitations per day. For example I'm using different poll intervalls based on each market opening/closing times for each stock. Just to find the right broker API and some logic to meet the rules, took me days....

how to react on postings:
- post helped: provide your final sketch, say thank you & give karma.
- post not understood: Ask as long as you understand the post
- post is off topic (or you think it is): Stay to your topic. Ask again.
- else: Ask again.

ballscrewbob

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up