Go Down

Topic: How Can Forums Be Improved (Read 628 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

I'd be happy to talk more privately about it.
Sorry, no. I am only interested in public discussions where everyone can join in.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

CrossRoads

"I'd also like to know what things could be added to make you consider using alternatives to just youtube and forums for getting information."

Read the datasheets. I don't use youtube for technical info.  
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL

Read the datasheets. I don't use youtube for technical info. 
Don't forget Insructables. :D
Please don't PM technical questions - post them on the forum, then everyone benefits/suffers equally

123Splat

Sep 16, 2020, 06:34 pm Last Edit: Sep 16, 2020, 06:35 pm by 123Splat
Wait a minute! Instructables are invaluable to the economy. they foster the purchase of tons of useless hardware and incalculable numbers of replacement microcontrollers (like arduinos).  Not to mention the Chinese economy boost in the purchase of Arduino and peripheral clones.

Let us not forget the value as a prime source of useless projects and how not to do things.

shame upon thee venerated AWOL. 

By the way,,, what, exactly, does this thread have to do with Arduino projects?

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL

Shame indeed - sp. "Instructables".

Large slice of humble pie on order, and sackcloth and ashes put on standby.
Please don't PM technical questions - post them on the forum, then everyone benefits/suffers equally

dave-in-nj

a couple things I would like to see,   not high an anyones priority
is to book mark things.   you get a great link to a neat thing.... and when you need it,   good luck.

also  this forum has Karma for the people, but not for the posts.  some offer a way to +1 a high quality answer.

example  :      +1  -  Don't forget Instructables

one thing I would like to see here (never going to happen)  is that when you join, you have to read the  HOW TO USE THIS FORUM post and as the end of each line, there is a simple question.   
like after discussion of subject lines, :  pick which is an informative subject line

noob with question
will this work
what is this part
having problems
URGENT NEED HELP
newest noob had newest question
need to get one button to light LEDs in different ways.

then, when they figure out the correct answer.... they get closer to being able to post.

Paul__B

DrDiettrich

And before the exam: translate the How To... entries for national forums!

UKHeliBob

also  this forum has Karma for the people, but not for the posts.  some offer a way to +1 a high quality answer.
Can you please explain the point of Karma points of any kind ?
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Paul__B

Can you please explain the point of Karma points of any kind ?
Hey, ask Facebook!  :smiley-roll:

123Splat

Quite a few good issues presented that would serve to help a 'newbe' ask intelligent questions and help experienced forum members provide helpful guidance.

But,,, I still have to ask "what does this thread have to do with Arduino Project Guidance"?

Robin2

But,,, I still have to ask "what does this thread have to do with Arduino Project Guidance"?
Not only that, but based on the Original Post I don't think it has anything to do with Arduinos or the Arduino Forum.

As we did not kill it while it was young enough maybe it should be moved to Bar Sport ?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

UKHeliBob

Hey, ask Facebook!
Does Facebook have a Karma system then, asks a non user
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

aarg

Does Facebook have a Karma system then, asks a non user
Not exactly. It has "likes" and an elaborate, mysterious AI that promotes or demotes your posts placement and distribution depending on all the secret information that they collect on you and your friends network.
  ... with a transistor and a large sum of money to spend ...
Please don't PM me with technical questions. Post them in the forum.

Go Up