Problem Installing Arduino CLI on Ubuntu 16.x

Hello Folks, I have tried to install Arduino CLI in Ubuntu version 16.04, but it has not been possible, is there a procedure to install in ubuntu ?, Check the installation information in github but it does not work. :confused:

Sincerely
Francisco

Hi @fullrock66. Please provide a detailed description of the problem you're having while installing Arduino CLI.

I apologize for the vague information, I would not know exactly what information is important to add. What I did was download the arduino CLI package from github, I tried to install it in ubuntu via command line using ./install.sh but it didn't work. Attached capture, the red line shows where the process is stalled.

Solved! I use the BIN file and works very nice !. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Sincerely
Francisco

I'm glad to hear you managed to successfully install Arduino CLI.

Even though your installation approach shown in the screenshot is not exactly the one recommended in the installation instructions (because in those instructions you are downloading only the install.sh installation script instead of the full source code), your approach should work just fine. I just tried it and had no problems. So I think you were unlucky enough to run into a temporary outage of Arduino's download servers.

Enjoy! Per