Go Down

Topic: Arduino and Mosfet module (Read 355 times) previous topic - next topic

davax

Sep 14, 2020, 08:27 pm Last Edit: Sep 14, 2020, 08:29 pm by davax
Why is arduino running ? I did not send the signal to turn mosfet on

https://imgur.com/fcqf3uo

UKHeliBob

Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

davax

Sep 15, 2020, 08:32 am Last Edit: Sep 15, 2020, 08:38 am by davax
?

UKHeliBob

Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

davax

? why is arduino on , and mosfet is off

UKHeliBob

Your circuit looks wrong

Shouldn't the battery go to VIN on the MOSFET module  and the V- and V+ terminals supply power when the signal pin is taken HIGH ?

It would help if you described what you are trying to do

davax

Sep 15, 2020, 04:01 pm Last Edit: Sep 15, 2020, 04:02 pm by davax
So everything is turned off

I will add a button , which when i hold it will direct power the arduino from battery , until it turns the Mosfet ON

And after 2 minits i added in code , arduino turns the Mosfet OFF ,  and everything is off , so no power consuption ...

UKHeliBob

I will add a button , which when i hold it will direct power the arduino from battery , until it turns the Mosfet ON
Please post a diagram of your complete circuit

Noting what I said in reply #5, are you sure that VIN and GND of the MOSFET module should be connected to VIN and GND on the Arduino ?

davax

Sep 15, 2020, 05:44 pm Last Edit: Sep 15, 2020, 05:48 pm by davax
I connected it now like you said and same

When i connect the battery wires arduino is ON , but it need to be off right ? because there is no signal to turn it on

My only problem is why is arduino always ON ?
Mosfet is like relay right ?  When i give signal (power) to coil then it turns on

But here it is always on !

davax

Look , arduino works , and there is no input , to turn mosfet on

UKHeliBob

Take the Arduino out of the circuit until you know what you are doing.  The picture in reply #9 shows the battery connected between V+ and V-.  Why ?

davax

Only difference is , there is arduino  and no motor ,...

UKHeliBob

In the picture in reply #9 your battery is connected to V+ and V-

In the diagram in post #11 the power is connected to VIN and GND

Spot the difference

davax

I tried both cases , and same happens

Nvm , i will use relay,  with relay works normal..

thanks anyway :)

Go Up