Go Down

Topic: Sketches not uploading (Read 70860 times) previous topic - next topic

isaac_kendall

Changing the cable solved it for me. My port was not showing up.

Saifullah2001

can you help me?

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Linux), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 962 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "/dev/ttyACM0": Permission denied
Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

sterretje

can you help me?

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Linux), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 962 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "/dev/ttyACM0": Permission denied
Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

Looks like you have to add yourself to the dialout group.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Usama_Ameen

I'm having issues in connecting my Arduino mega 2560 on windows 10. it connected once, when I uploaded a check program on it, now that program is running but it is not recognized by os. port option is grey and unusable. Tx, Rx led's are on while I'm not using them. I supplied 12 volts power and it's IC just burnt my finger instantly so I unplugged it and using USB to operate right now. please help me to solve my issue. Thanks

sterretje

I'm having issues in connecting my Arduino mega 2560 on windows 10. it connected once, when I uploaded a check program on it, now that program is running but it is not recognized by os. port option is grey and unusable. Tx, Rx led's are on while I'm not using them. I supplied 12 volts power and it's IC just burnt my finger instantly so I unplugged it and using USB to operate right now. please help me to solve my issue. Thanks
Which IC got hot?

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

racpra16

Can you share the picture of your IC getting hot on Arduino Mega 2560
┗(•ˇ_ˇ•)―→ Member of the Ardunio customer service team
( ━☞´◔‿ゝ◔`)━☞ Contact us through https://bit.ly/2xxu1le

kitotek

Nov 24, 2019, 03:09 am Last Edit: Nov 24, 2019, 03:41 am by kitotek
I have the same problem and I have tried everything including wiping and rebooting my computer (it needed to be wiped anyway) then I used a whole different board and different computer and it is still broken.

please give some actually helpful advice (not this)
Are you using arduino TX and Rx pins? What project?
Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows Store 1.8.21.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 1610 bytes (4%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 184 bytes (8%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1864 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM5": Access is denied.
                                                                                             |
                                                                                             v
                                                                what does it mean "Access is denied"
                                                                         what is denying my access!

vw2

Problem uploading:
Using Arduino example "servo"
set sketch: serial monitor and plotter COM 1, board: Arduino/Genuine Uno

using Arduino Uno board with Parallax shield.

Need help.
Thanks
Monti

ballscrewbob

vw2

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
It will help you get the best out of the forum as a whole.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

sterretje

Problem uploading:
Using Arduino example "servo"
set sketch: serial monitor and plotter COM 1, board: Arduino/Genuine Uno

using Arduino Uno board with Parallax shield.

Need help.
Thanks
Monti

COM1 is hardly ever the correct port. What does Windows device manager say under the ports section when you connect the board.

withsanty

Sketch uses 4404 bytes (13%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 293 bytes (14%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1755 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x69
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x69
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x69
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x69
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x69
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x69
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x69
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x69
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x69
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x69

Hi,
I am facing this issue while uploading code on Arduino Uno R3. I am using windows 10. Previously I Arduino uno was working fine in my Home Automation project. After continuously using more than 1 month, I tried to upload new code to this board but this time I am getting this error.
Also I updated the firmware using Flip software/DFU mode. Still I am facing this error.
Port is available in IDE as well as Device manager board info showing correct.

Need your help. Your efforts will be appreciated.
Thanks!!

leboss

Are you using the TX and RX pins?? If yes, disconnect them before trying to upload any code. These pins need to be free during upload in order for your board to communicate with the computer. That solved it for me.

(deleted)

sterretje

Doesnt give an option to select a port?
Is that a question?

Which OS (this thread was initially about MacOS)?
What does Windows device manager (or the equivalents in Mac / Linux) say when you connect the board?
Which Arduino board? Original or clone?
Which IDE version?

Go Up