Go Down

Topic: Nano 33 IOT wifi firmware (Read 198 times) previous topic - next topic

Wintersteiger

The Wifinina firmware check on my Nano 33 IOT says:

Firmware version installed: 1.3.0
Latest firmware version available : 1.4.1

But the firmware updater plugin only offers 1.2.3 and 1.3.0.

How do I find out whether 1.4.1 is compatible with my board and my version of the Wifinina library? This looks to me like 1.4.1 should be supported, but even after installing the updater plugin manually, it still won't let me upload it. Can I side-step the plugin and feed the updater sketch via the network, or is there an easier way?

pert

Please provide a detailed description of what you mean by "it still won't let me upload it". If you're getting an error message, please post the full output.

Wintersteiger

There's no error. The firmware updater plugin offers 1.2.3 and 1.3.0 in the plugin combo box, but not 1.4.1.

Klaus_K

Sep 17, 2020, 10:09 pm Last Edit: Sep 17, 2020, 10:10 pm by Klaus_K
You need to wait for the next Arduino IDE version or manually get the files from Github. More info here:

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=695928.0

You can ignore the message until the next version of the Arduino IDE.

pert

There's no error. The firmware updater plugin offers 1.2.3 and 1.3.0 in the plugin combo box, but not 1.4.1.
I guess there is a problem with your installation of the plugin.

The easiest way to get the latest firmware version is to download the nightly build of the Arduino IDE:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software#nightly
This version of the Arduino IDE is primarily intended for beta testers, so I don't recommend you to use the IDE itself for your ongoing daily IDE. It's just an easy way to get a ready to use installation of the latest version of the firmware updater plugin.

But I think @Klaus_K is right about it being safe to ignore the message. I believe the only features that require the new firmware version are for OTA, so if you're not doing that you don't need them.

Wintersteiger

Thanks for the hint, it was indeed my installation of the plugin. I had misunderstood where the "Sketchbook" folder is. Now that it's in the right place, I can see both plugin versions, the one that comes with the IDE and the one in my Sketchbook, and I'm able to upload version 1.4.1 of the firmware.

pert

I'm glad to hear it's working now!

I have to give that sketchbook installation of the firmware updater plugin another try. I tried it and it seemed like the new version was only recognized after I removed the original one from the IDE, but you're the second person to report that the IDE installation and the sketchbook installation of the plugin can coexist, so I must have done something wrong.

Go Up