Go Down

Topic: TMC2130 stepper drivers (Read 252 times) previous topic - next topic

gapansi

Sep 23, 2020, 12:30 am Last Edit: Sep 23, 2020, 12:40 am by gapansi
Hello,

I got myself a TMC2130 v3.0 stepper driver with a NEMA 17HS19-2004S1 stepper motor.

I saw many tutorials online on how to connect stepper drivers like the A4988, however, I could not figure out how to connect the TMC2130 to my Arduino UNO in order to use the stepper motor.

Is there anyone who is willing to help me out on that? A clear wiring schematic would help me out a lot thanks in advance.

And also: would I be able to power the motor for like 1 minute with some AA batteries? (the motor has a voltage of 2.8V and 2 Amps)

Robin2

Please post a link to the datasheet for your stepper driver board.

The 2.8v nominal voltage of a stepper motor is essentially irrelevant. What matters is the motor current. Nobody would power that motor at 2.8v. The minimum would probably be 12v and higher voltages (up to the limit allowed by the driver) provide better performance at higher speeds. The motor driver will have the capability to limit the maximum current to protect the motor when high voltages are used.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

TomGeorge

Sep 27, 2020, 01:07 pm Last Edit: Sep 27, 2020, 01:08 pm by TomGeorge
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

Have you googled

tmc2130 arduino

It will return varied info and connection to use that driver, including a library.

Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up