Problem with AD8232 ECG WaveForm

hey guys
me and my friends working on a some project about human ECG and we've problem with the WaveForm , we done all things clear and simple with tutorials (exactly same on the link of SparkFun = AD8232 Heart Rate Monitor Hookup Guide - SparkFun Learn"

so as you see (Attached image) in our output waveform there is no P wave (the first Top before QRS complex) and also there is no U wave (the last one) and so on... , and we check it out about some noises (like laptop AC-Charger) but we cant solve the problem. kindly i ask you please help me and tell me my problem.

(i used arduino Uno and AD8232 (2 individual one))

thank you

Do you have the right contacts and placed them properly at the body? The contacts typically are for single use only.

Is the person otherwise isolated and remote from any other device?

Your curve looks clipped wrt the example curve. I'd suspect a bad or missing Gnd level, perhaps an excess capcacitor? That's why ST goes down, T goes up and stays there, U and P are very hard to recognize.

Either your capacitor is way too small, resulting in a high-pass filter, or your victim needs to see a doctor pronto! :astonished:

Thank you for your answers ( DrDiettrich and Paul__B)

about placing contacts and GND level and single using of them and isolating person i'm sure , but about this part of your answer that you said about capacitor (or as Paul__B said ) i'm not sure , can you please tell me more detailed information , which capacitor you mean ?

thnak you again

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Can you tell us the controller and ECG module you are using and a diagram of where you connect the pads to get your waveform please?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile:

hey guys
thank you again .

i'm using Arduino Uno R3 and arduino Nano , with AD8232 ecg , my contact point and the wiring is in attachment , please take a look.

i tried using ecg gel and GND level checking but problem still exist , so i cant understand what you mean od capacitor and where is that , i'm not using of any other capacitor except arduino and ad8232 madule.

the point that mayble better to know is my Ad8232 is not for Sparkfun ,i've 2 one tested , 2 individual brand one of them is "KEYES".

thank you

2 attachment of above Post.

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

Hi,
Have you tried;

The AD8232 Heart Rate Monitor breaks out nine connections from the IC that you can solder pins, wires, or other connectors to. SDN, LO+, LO-, OUTPUT, 3.3V, GND provide essential pins for operating this monitor with an Arduino or other development board. Also provided on this board are RA (Right Arm), LA (Left Arm), and RL (Right Leg) pins to attach and use your own custom sensors.

Configuration?
I'm no expert but I believe that pickup points are very specific for getting accurate ECGs.

Just a thought.. Tom.. :slight_smile: