Sealing Ring Checker

Hello!
Please see the attached 3D PDF.

I designed & built a simple & robust tool to quickly & easily confirm if sealing rings (not modeled) are on 3 different shafts.
The body is 3D printed with spring loaded steel pins held in via brass heat set inserts; if a sealing ring is present in its correct location, the other end of the pin is pushed out slightly for a quick visual and/or kinesthetic confirmation.
Shafts are checked 1 at a time, but the 3D model in the attached PDF simply shows how this was designed to maintain a compact tool.
Our end user likes the concept, but they surprisingly have requested something more complicated; they'd like to see some sort of indicator light (green = good) to indicate when all sealing rings are present on a shaft.

This is beyond my scope of expertise, and I don't have the time to dedicate to something such as this, but I've heard nothing but good things from this community regarding projects more complex than this.
I'm looking for a turnkey solution that would turn on a green light (+ a small alarm/buzzer would be a bonus) when all the sealing rings for a shaft are present; this would be the 4 sealing rings for the "mainshaft", the 3 for the "secondaryshaft", or the 2 for the "thirdshaft".
My image is maybe something similar in concept to what I've already designed; but tactile switches with button heads small enough in diameter to fit in these sealing ring grooves, a green LED "all good" indicator, and a piezo speaker for an audible "all good" indicator.
I'm open to new & different ideas, and I can potentially provide 3D & 2D CAD data for detail on tolerances, other specs, etc. as well.

Please ask whatever questions you have, and I'll do my best to answer them.
If you're interested in providing a solution; please respond here, PM me, or email me at hites_05@hotmail.com with this thread's subject line.
Once we agree on a solution, I'll request you provide a quote.

Thank you.

6AT_Seal_Ring_Checker.PDF (1.84 MB)

Electrically, this is simple, shouldn't be a problem for anyone here. Mechanically is where issues are likely to arise. How far apart are the ring? If it's far enough, then your pins could be replaced by precision switches that then connect to the LEDs/buzzer, etc, but the ones I'm thinking need at least a 5mm threaded hole for mounting. Is that too big?

However, it begs the question about the application: this looks to be a case where it would be simple enough to visually confirm that all the rings are in place. It doesn't seem like your customer is looking for any kind of an automated system (i.e., record on a PC that item #xxyyzz passed).

Are the rings low-profile enough that visual confirmation would be difficult without the tool you designed, or is there something obvious I'm missing?

cedarlakeinstruments:
Electrically, this is simple, shouldn't be a problem for anyone here. Mechanically is where issues are likely to arise. How far apart are the ring? If it's far enough, then your pins could be replaced by precision switches that then connect to the LEDs/buzzer, etc, but the ones I'm thinking need at least a 5mm threaded hole for mounting. Is that too big?

However, it begs the question about the application: this looks to be a case where it would be simple enough to visually confirm that all the rings are in place. It doesn't seem like your customer is looking for any kind of an automated system (i.e., record on a PC that item #xxyyzz passed).

Are the rings low-profile enough that visual confirmation would be difficult without the tool you designed, or is there something obvious I'm missing?

Sealing ring spacing varies by shaft, but you should be able to measure this in the 3D PDF; let me know if you have any issues. Using precision limit switches would be nice, but they'd blow my budget after only maybe a few. This is why I mentioned tactile switches; plus they have the added benefit of some potentially being small enough to have their button heads fit in the shaft grooves, which would thus negate the need for the tool to have any spring loaded shafts.

Oh these sealing rings can absolutely be visually confirmed. The installing associate can easily see if they're installed correctly, but they've passed parts as good with missing seal rings and/or seal rings installed in incorrect locations. So we implemented a double-check associate. Now we have instances of the double check associate passing parts as good that the installing associate didn't install or installed incorrectly. Their management has basically concluded "it is what it is", so I developed this simple tool to help them confirm correct sealing install, and now they're refusing to use it, because they can't figure out how to use it even though I trained them on it and provided visual aids.

Frustration & idiot proofing is my world right now...

Also, If nothing seems to be displaying in the 3D PDF, ensure "Enable playing of 3D content" is enabled in Adobe in Edit > Preferences > 3D & Multimedia.

MY version doesn't let me see you PDF picture. Perhaps you can post it here for all to see.

IF you are looking for switches to fit a small groove, you need to expand your thinking a bit. Use spring loaded push pins to detect the groove with the other end of the pin contacting a micro-switch to tell you the groove is filled or not. The size of the push pin can be any size you need.

Paul