Go Down

Topic: Anyone know what these are called and where to buy one (Read 435 times) previous topic - next topic

Infraviolet

https://watte.net/hole.jpg

I need to get a piece of metal with a 6MM D shaft hole up the centre, and a hexagonal or sqaure outer, the corner-to-corner distance of the hexagon/square (effectively its diameter) being any value below 15mm. The whole piece should be less than 1cm thick along the axis direction. The hole must be genuinely D shaped and cannot use a grub screw.

Any ideas of the search term to find one, or where sells this sort of thing.
Thank you

Robin2

Image from Original Post . See this  Simple Image Posting Guide

The size of a hexagon is normally measured across the flats (AF)

Are shafts that have flats on the them (D shafts) made to a standard? Your image does not look like any D shaft that I have seen.

Out of curiosity I measured the 5mm shafts on two different stepper motors that I have and there is a good 0.1mm difference in the depth that has been cut away. That's why grub screws are used.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

MAS3

Quote from: Robin2

Are shafts that have flats on the them (D shafts) made to a standard?

Your image does not look like any D shaft that I have seen.
I think there is some standard, and there's also larger like 8 mm D-shafts.

The image seems to show a 6mm round hole with some extra drilled holes to create a D-like shape making the hole have a larger surface.
There's also indents in the hole where the different drills met.

All d-shafts i've ever seen look like a 6 mm axle with 1 side filed flat, creating a smaller surface.
The one from the picture would not fit.
Well, it would but the advantage of having that shape would not work.
Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

ballscrewbob

Oct 04, 2020, 01:38 pm Last Edit: Oct 04, 2020, 01:42 pm by ballscrewbob
Looks like a 3d printer rendering to me.
Clearly not a common D shaft coupling as they are just a round hole and the screws key to the flat of the shaft.

I guess a screwed rod coupling could suffice if it was drilled out to the correct shaft size and a hole drilled and tapped as needed.

The only time I have ever seen a real D coupling was where it was mission critical and needed to help balance and lock a very large device (industrial application).

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up