Anyone know what these are called and where to buy one

I need to get a piece of metal with a 6MM D shaft hole up the centre, and a hexagonal or sqaure outer, the corner-to-corner distance of the hexagon/square (effectively its diameter) being any value below 15mm. The whole piece should be less than 1cm thick along the axis direction. The hole must be genuinely D shaped and cannot use a grub screw.

Any ideas of the search term to find one, or where sells this sort of thing.
Thank you

Image from Original Post . See this Simple Image Posting Guide

The size of a hexagon is normally measured across the flats (AF)

Are shafts that have flats on the them (D shafts) made to a standard? Your image does not look like any D shaft that I have seen.

Out of curiosity I measured the 5mm shafts on two different stepper motors that I have and there is a good 0.1mm difference in the depth that has been cut away. That's why grub screws are used.

...R

Robin2:

Are shafts that have flats on the them (D shafts) made to a standard?

Your image does not look like any D shaft that I have seen.

I think there is some standard, and there's also larger like 8 mm D-shafts.

The image seems to show a 6mm round hole with some extra drilled holes to create a D-like shape making the hole have a larger surface.
There's also indents in the hole where the different drills met.

All d-shafts i've ever seen look like a 6 mm axle with 1 side filed flat, creating a smaller surface.
The one from the picture would not fit.
Well, it would but the advantage of having that shape would not work.

Looks like a 3d printer rendering to me.
Clearly not a common D shaft coupling as they are just a round hole and the screws key to the flat of the shaft.

I guess a screwed rod coupling could suffice if it was drilled out to the correct shaft size and a hole drilled and tapped as needed.

The only time I have ever seen a real D coupling was where it was mission critical and needed to help balance and lock a very large device (industrial application).