Go Down

Topic: Arduino UNO and Chromebook. The serial port USB does not comunicate.  (Read 812 times) previous topic - next topic

teacherinsweden

As at teacher and using chromebook by students and usuing "Arduino Web Create". Verify and compile works but not the communcation at upload and even not the monitor.
Regards
Svante Kellner

gjhuff1

I am New also but maybe I can Help.

Are the Arduino drivers installed on the Chromebook

If so are their ports and speed set in you config files?

(check your device properties window

not sure about chromebook but if it is running windows check in "control panel/devices and printers" .

sterretje

Not familiar with the ChromeBook. You will need to determine at the OS level if the boards are recognised. If they are not, you probably will have to install the drivers.

If your Unos are clones, the needed driver might be the CH340 driver; inspect the chip closest to the USB connector. Usual chips are the Atmel 16U2, FTDI and CH340; unusual (from reading on the forum), it can also be a Prolific CP...

@gjhuff1
A ChromeBook does not run on Windows ;) It uses ChromeOS.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

ballscrewbob

@teacherinsweden

Your topic was Moved  to it's current location / section as it is more suitable.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Theresed

Hello,

When Google released the latest version of Chrome OS, v.85, there was an issue making Arduino Chrome App unable to detect some boards.

We have since then updated Chrome App to temporarily solve this issue, while waiting for Google to fix the OS version, or release the next version.

If you update your Arduino Chrome App to the latest version 1.0.15.12, your Chromebook should be able to detect your boards again.

If this doesn't resolve it, please contact us here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/contact-us and specify your issue in detail.

Best Regards,
Therese

Go Up