Go Down

Topic: Triangulation using frequenzy TDOA an kalman filters (Read 496 times) previous topic - next topic

Nils_Bruhner

Oct 10, 2020, 12:28 am Last Edit: Oct 10, 2020, 12:45 am by Nils_Bruhner
Hi all makers out there.

I am building a sound triangulator using attached external interrupts and trigonometric algorithmns to find the soursce of a sound with 3 microphones in a row.
Thats working just fine so no help needed there.

However the precision is not more than 3-5 cm due to lack of something,i dont know or understand...yet..and i get strange values occasionally.

I think its because the mics are triggered by the pulse on both negative and positive side of the sinuswave.

How do i SIMPLIEST trigger the mic only on the positive side of a sinuswave ?

Or in other words,
how to measure a sounds frequency and/or amplitude with an arduino NOT using analog read but interrupts.

Ideas?

wwbrown

I have done this to locate the point of impact of a bullet on a target, I fed the signal from the microphone after it was amplified and offset so the the signal was all positive, into a comparator.  The signal from the comparator was fed into an interrupt.  To not get any other triggers from that one bullet impact I turned off the interrupt until I was done processing the algorithms for locating the point of impact.

I don't know if you can glean enough information from my desription to help out your situation if not ask some questions.

Go Up